~PROLOUGE~

Fawnkit waited impatiently by the high rock. For moons, he has been waiting for this moment. the tip of his tail tapped excitedly against the mossy ground beneath him. Finally, a shadow appears on the rock, and fawnkit was quick to stand up before the soft but cracked paw of fenneltail was placed onto his back, telling him to sit back down. fenneltail wasn't his mother but she was the only one willing to take care of him after his real mother died while kitting.

"Today we celebrate the naming of fawnkit and wildkit." meowed the deep voice of plumstar.
fenneltail lightly nudged fawnkit, signaling him to walk up to the highrock. he looked back to his mother, mentally asking her if he goes to the top with the clan leader. the red tabby was about to nod before an orange-and-white cat bounded past fawnkit and up to the top. he soon trotted after the mask-and-mantle tom.

both kits stood next to plumstar, scanning over all the warriors, wondering which will be their mentor. "from now on, these two will be called, fawnpaw and wildpaw!" announced plumstar as roars of approval erupted from the other clan cats. Maybe this will be a new start for fawnpaw! Maybe the other cats will finally respect him more! the hairless tom looked over to the newly named wildpaw, the orange toms eyes sparkled and he gave him a warm smile
"Waxstripe!" the tortoiseshell she-cat continued, "you will be wildpaws mentor." as she said that, a cream tortoiseshell-tabby tom walked up to the front of the crowd. Wildpaw, as he did before, sprinted off the highrock and to his new mentor. waxstripe stood up and told wildpaw something before wildpaw curled his ears back a little from embarrassment before walking back up the highrock, soon followed by waxstripe. 

The two touched noses as the larger tom whispered something to his new apprentice.

fawnpaw felt wildpaw staring at him, burning holes in his skull. the sphynx tom looked to wildpaw, his eyes were blown wide and he had the dumbest smile plastered across his face. fawnpaw gave the ginger tom a small smile before the tortoiseshell she-cat announced another name, "Thriftberry, fawnpaw will be your new apprentice." 
a tan-colored tom took a step out from the crowd and onto the highrock and stood proudly at the top. The two pressed their noses together and the two trotted off the rock as cheers came from the watching cats.

After a few other announcements and the arranging of night patrols, the Clan meeting ended, and the cats headed to the fresh-kill pile that was collected a few hours before. fawnpaw sniffed around the pile before grabbing a plump mouse. The sun was setting and the sky above was painted a beautiful pink color. It brought hope to the young apprentice that maybe, this will be different… 
    The wind carried the scents of the camp. meows, purrs, and yowls filled the air. the young kit's ears twitched and ears pricked. He heard the sound of pawsteps coming in his direction. He turned his head to be met with two big, bright green eyes. Wildpaw.

"Hello!" the ginger tom meowed as he sat next to fawnpaw.

"Hello wildpaw." the hairless tom replied. "Do you need anything?"

"I was just wondering that, since we got promoted together, we could be friends!"  the ginger tom suggested.

what? no one had ever asked to be friends with him... the rest of the kits in the nursery said that he had a contagious disease that caused him to not have fur so they never went near him. and he doesn't remember seeing the hyper, mask-and-mantle orange tom anywhere in the nursery, and that's surprising as there aren't many white cats in the clan.

"uh- sure! I-i'd like that."

The two newly promoted apprentices ate together before it was dark. 

"We should get to our nests. it's quite dark." mewed wildpaw.

fawnpaw agreed as he stood up from where he was sitting, licking his lips. "Now where exactly is the apprentice den?"

"I was told that it was across from the warrior's den." said wildpaw before he started to walk in the direction of the warriors den. the sphynx following close behind. 

Once the two apprentices reached the apprentice den, it seemed as if the world around fawnpaw slowed. his breath caught in his throat as his eyes landed on the prettiest cat he had ever seen, sitting by the den entrance talking to an elder. They were a brown tabby with beautiful amber eyes.

"-npaw! fawnpaw! FAWNPAW!" yowled the ginger-and-white tom. He snapped his head in the direction of wildpaw. "you were staring at them~" teased wildpaw.

"No I wasn't!" objected fawnpaw

"yes you were~ you were one hundred percent staring at her~"

fawnpaw didn't respond. just looked at his paws with a look of embarrassment.

"I swear your eyes were going to pop out. You were staring for sooooo long" wildpaw pointed out.

"I wasn't staring" grumbled fawnpaw.

"Sure, sure, whatever you say, loverboy" wildpaw teased once more. bumping his furry haunches against fawnpaws boney ones.

The two cats joked until they got inside the den and were curled up in soft nests.

/~○♧○~\

fawnpaw was awoken by a cold breeze, must be near leaffall... fawnpaw sat there until another cold breeze blew through the den. he shivered and curled closer to himself. he tried his best to fall back asleep but it was too cold. he didn't have the warmth of his 'mothers' long fur around him anymore. after a few seconds of shivering and shifting around his nest, fawnpaw decides to stand up and quietly walk to wildpaws nest. he poked wildpaws pink nose with his paw until he woke up.

"what is it?" Wildpaw groggily asked.

"I'm cold, is it okay if I sleep with you?" (get your minds out of the gutters) fawnpaw whispered.

"yeah sure, I don't mind." yawned the orange tom. as he scooted over and made room for fawnpaw. Fawnpaw curled up next to wildpaw, his head resting on the furry toms shoulders. He finally managed to fall asleep with wildpaws fluffy tail wrapped around him.

-----------------
1,095 words
----------------
I am not used to writing non-human characters so there will be more human-like dialogue-

Also for a little context, because I feel the need to, the reason that fawnpaw is the only sphynx in the clan is because a sphynx is caused by a genetic mutation