IV

"Do you know how long it took me to decorate this shop?" Aphrodite was laying across a red chaise, a wine glass in one hand and a fan in the other

"Do you know how long it took me to decorate this shop?" Aphrodite was laying across a red chaise, a wine glass in one hand and a fan in the other. "I should have just seduced her myself instead of her still crying over some man! Blegh! Humans are so insufferable."

She rolled her eyes and sipped her wine, trying to ignore the twins, Eros and Himeros, who were attempting to superglue her broken wine glass back together.

"For Olympus' sake!" She tossed her fan across the room, it collided with the wine glass and shattered all over again.

Eros whimpered. "You didn't have to do that."

"You two are almost as bad as these people, use your powers, and put down the glue."

"He likes the challenge," Himeros chimed in, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Aphrodite narrowed her eyes at the boys and pursed her lips. It was lucky for them that the beauty of their human forms was almost a masterpiece, or she would have reduced them to pieces just like that wine glass.

"She's so annoying," Aphrodite whined, "who cares about a simple-minded football player when she's actually quite beautiful for a human."

The compliment of beautiful directed at a human was nothing to be taken lightly coming from Aphrodite, so Ember's aversion to moving on did little to quell the ire Aphrodite already had for the occupants of earth. Especially when she had been so nice to the girl.

"Did you see the wheel of sacrifice they have on the boardwalk?" Eros asked his brother, "You'd think they'd keep such things hidden."

"It's called a Ferris wheel, you imbecile," Aphrodite moved across the shop and replenished her wine glass. "They use it for fun."

"Fun?" Eros asked, wide-eyed. "But it's so hot on earth, why would anyone want to get that close to the sun?"

"Only Icarus knows why, but as I've already stated, humans are insufferable!" Aphrodite shook with frustration.

Eros laughed, producing a quiver and arrow out of thin air. "I'm just going to shoot this Ember, that'll fix her right up."

"No," Aphrodite said, hiding a smile. "I don't want to use spells, or arrows, I want to make her do it all on my own."

"What exactly do we want her to do again?" Himeros asked, rocking back on his heels.

"Fall in love of course!" Aphrodite shouted. "I want her to lust after men.... Or women... it matters not. But, I certainly can't have someone so young rejecting the only thing that makes life worth living. True love."

"Do you have a plan?" The twins asked in unison.

"Of course I do." Aphrodite smiled, unclipping her blonde hair and allowing her loose curls to spiral down her back. "She'll work here and I'll gently guide her into the arms of the right man."

Eros gave Aphrodite an incredulous glance. "Except she said no."

"That word never left her mouth." Aphrodite had been sure to stop Ember before saying that wretched word, no one said no to her. "Besides, she seems to have left this behind," Aphrodite held up a blue rectangular wallet.

Himeros moved closer, his eyes wide, "What is it?"

"It's a wallet, but inside she has stored the location of her residence on a little plastic card called a drivers license. I will return it to her, reminding her of my offer and this time she will agree."