C H A P T E R 4

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/
T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V
P R E S E N T
//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/

Athena started speeding down the hallway after she exited the room, Five close on her tail.

Once she had reached the doors, she started rapidly Pressing the button to shut the door.

Just as the doors were shutting, Five stuck his hand in the way of the door, preventing it from closing.

Five entered the elevator with a huge smile on his face.

"Don't look at me like that" Athena spoke, breaking the silence that surrounded the two.

"Like what?"

"That ear-to-ear smile, it's freaking me out"

Five progressed closer as she tried hopelessly to get to the buttons.

"Where do you think you're going?" I questioned trapping her in a corner.

Athena began to melt as she looked up at him, towering over her.

Athena used her height to her advantage ducking under his arm, making a run for the opening doors.

Five chuckled, slowly exiting the elevator.

Athena had reached the halfway mark of the hallway when she heard an oddly familiar whooshing sound.

Shit

She dashed into the stairwell Looking up over the almost endless railings.

Athena saw five going through every floor from the sixth, then fifth and so on.

Little did he know she was no longer going to take the stairs.

Athena bolted out the third level door, sprinting down the hallway to the elevator, Five behind her yet again.

"You do realise that I am always one step ahead, right?" He said with another stupid smirk.

"Are you?" Athena returned the smirk as the doors shut.

Athena caught a small glance at Five while he was running down the hallway towards the elevator, his smug expression fading.

The thing is that Athena knew he would have missed the elevator when he was to teleport, meaning he would have gone flying. (lol)

Finally, the elevator opened to reveal Allison.

"Oooo cut your hair," Athena tried playing it cool, brushing past Allison, though Athena couldn't move since Allison used her rumour.

"I heard a rumour, you stopped moving"

"Where's Five?" She questioned loosening her grip on Athena's arm.

"Oh, the babysitter is still about..." Athena counted her fingers to three. "Three levels up".

"Good" was all she could say pulling Athena to the bar.

"Finally" Athena grabbed he favourite bottle - vodka - and a pair of shot glasses.

"So, what did you and Five chat about?"

Athena poured her glass then the other for Allison.

"About how we both worked for the Handler..." Athena struggled to find the words. "My adoptive mother".

Allison's eyebrows raised, opening her mouth to speak, but was rudely interrupted by the sound of Five's footsteps charging towards the bar.

"You think you're as smart as me?"

Athena was ready for this "I don't think I'm smarter, I know" she remarked.

"So, tell me more" Allison spoke, cutting the thick awkward silence.

"Well, I was on a mission in 1983 helping a small group of kids destroy their devil... Did you hear about the Hawkins disaster in 1984?" Athena sighed. questioned, knowing my 'father' probably did.

"Uh, yeah. Dad told us the story of Hawkins and the Upsidedown" she responded, taking a sip from her cup.

Five looked at Allison and then turned to Athena.

"What was the Hawkins Disaster?" he asked. Athena was dumbfounded at this.

"Well, in February of 1983, a group of friends met a girl with extraordinary abilities, on the hunt for a missing boy. We had a few run-ins with the government."

Athena paused, her eyes surveying the pair in front of her.

Five gestured his hands for Athena to continue, which she did.

"Then there were the Russians who took over the local centre for the new portal between worlds. We stopped them only to be targeted again by this creepy person, well not a person, I don't know what to call him..."

Athena paused again thinking of what she should call Henry.

"A monster, that's what he was. Defeated him and I returned to the commission only to be told that I could go home."

"Uhm..." Now five breaks the silence, standing up making his way back to his room.

Allison told Athena she was going to see someone, leaving me at the bar.

"Hola señorita" Klaus calls out following Diego to sit across from Her.

"So that's your spawn?" Klaus asked pointing to the boy sitting in one of the booths.

"Alleged spawn" Diego added taking a sip of his bottle.

They kept talking, but Athena's attention was brought to a familiar teenage boy walking back towards the table.

Five, the little rascal himself.
//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/
W O R D C O U N T : 8 0 6
~E D I T E D~