x. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER TEN—
the rest of forever

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER TEN—the rest of forever

"This is the car that hit the mayor." Wednesday confirmed as she pulled the sheet off the car in the garage.

"Okay, this just took a dark turn!" Enid panicked. "We need to call Tyler's dad right freaking now."

"Why?" Wednesday looked back at her in disbelief. "So he can take me back to Nevermore and get me expelled? It's not gonna happen."

"What are we even looking for, Wednesday?" Blake followed her back into the house.

"Clues." she said back, the door creaking open.

"This is the night i'm gonna die." Tyler looked around in fear. "Shit, sorry, Blake."

"It's all good." she shook her head. "If you didn't say it, I would have."

The four crept down the hallway together as Wednesday stopped to stare up at a painting. "Here they are. The Gates Family. They scrub up well for psychopaths."

"Can't say the same for their home." Blake glanced around fearfully. "I know I always say i'd like the meet more ghost, but I'm a liar. I don't."

Wednesday walked the rest of the way and to the next door as the trio followed her, looking around at the trashed room. Blake paused as Tyler walked right through her on accident, cringing entirely. "Jesus."

"Sorry." Blake apologized. "Shock have warned you. It's very cold."

"Just a little." he pulled his jacket around him more and looked to Wednesday. "Seen enough?"

She reached up and pulled one of the books, revealing a secret room as the bookshelf pulled apart. Blake whimpered in fear as she hid behind Wednesday while Enid hid behind her. "Who doesn't have a spooky built-in altar in their family library?"

"Ours is in the living room." Wednesday said in return as Tyler frowned his eyebrows in shock. "More seating for year-long Dia de los Muertos."

She walked in as Enid and Blake shared a look. Blake looked at Tyler in fear. "Ladies first."

"No thank you." he shook his head.

"They're still warm." Wednesday felt the candles. "Tyler, you check the rest of the ground floor. Blake, as much as it'll ruin my birthday fun, go with him."

"Got it." she nodded, giving Enid a sad smile. "Good luck."

She just whimpered in return and followed Wednesday.

"What did you mean earlier?" Blake followed him back to the main area, Tyler looked back at her. "When you said I was lucky. What did you mean?"

"Oh." he looked around. "I lost my Mom almost a year ago."