━━ EPIGRAPH

GRACEFUL
epigraph
( the boy who fell in love with a legend )

GRACEFUL ━ epigraph( the boy who fell in love with a legend )

"Mother, tell me the tale again." the little boy asked as he shifted to face his mother.

"Will you go to bed after?" She retorted with a small smile, which he nodded quickly to.

"Alright." She sighed as she pulled the furs up more around his small, frail body. "In the mist of the night a mother went into labor.. long agonizing hours to birth her first and only child, a daughter. The only word the mother said was her daughters name and soon after she died becoming the small girls first kill. Althea grew up gaining her mother's beauty and her fathers cleverness."

The small boys eyes lit up and a smile appeared on his face when the girls name was mentioned. The mother shifted as she continued.

"At the age of five she killed her second victim, a boy that lived in the same village as her. Her father dying of sickness at age six. From then on she lived by herself, she started pillaging and raiding. Moving from land to land claiming more kills and by age ten she was feared by many. Even the most fiercest and most ferocious of warriors." The woman paused not knowing what else to say.

"What happened after that, mother?" the boy asked excited knowing the girl was the same age as him.

"You know the rest of the story is unfinished, Ivar." The mother spoke.

"I don't understand, why?" Ivar asked his face slowly dropping.

"Because she is in our time, she will be greater than your father one day, Ivar. Which means you must be greater than her." The mother finished as she stood up and left closing the door behind her. Leaving the boy wondering what his mother meant by that.

( authors note )
figured this would make the perfect epigraph but i also feel it's too long but you get the idea ;)