━━ TWENTY-NINE

[ act iii - the healed heart ]
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
( soon it shall come to pass )

     ALTHEA MADE HER WAY TO WHERE THE WATER MET THE shore beside the docks of Kattegat

     ALTHEA MADE HER WAY TO WHERE THE WATER MET THE shore beside the docks of Kattegat. She noticed Torsten sitting on a rock once again sharpening his sword. She sat next to him which is when he took notice of her. His eyes followed her as she sat, he smiled slightly. She returned his smile.

It had been two months since they arrived to Kattegat. Which gave the people more than enough time to prepare and for Bjorn to return earlier today with the people he left England with. They were all prepared to defend the city of the upcoming onslaught. And which gave Althea enough time to finally confirm that she was in fact carrying a child. When her husband was murdered and after she gave birth, her plan began. Although it was not Ivar's child she would say it was.

Torsten had gone back to sharpening his sword, getting ready for the upcoming battle that they would not be able to prevent.

Althea cleared her throat, "I have something I need to say." she spoke softly before turning to look at Torsten.

"What is it, Princess?" He asked as he stopped sharpening his sword before putting it back on his hip, he sighed.

Althea breathed in deeply, not knowing how he would take the news. "First, please stop calling me Princess, you have earned the right to call me Althea because I am with child.." She trailed off as she looked away, "And it is yours. But I will tell Ivar it is his even though it is not."

Torsten's heart soared at the news, he smiled widely, "My child?" He asked. "When did you know?"

"A few days before I met with Ivar. Which is why I slept with him." She looked back at him. "I know you do not agree with it, claiming your child is someone else's but I would rather you know now. That the child I carry is yours and not his. But once he knows that I carry what he will think is his child he will not harm me." Her words were laced with venom, "I will be the one to kill him. Even if it is not during this battle."

Althea breathed in deeply, "I know that I can not kill Ivar before I have Maximus back, because then Ivar's followers will kill him. And I can not have that happen."

"What if you never kill Ivar?" asked Torsten as he looked at her.

"I will, it may not be anytime soon but I will. And I will take great pride as my sword is covered in his blood. I will watch him take his last breath and then my love will be avenged." Althea whispered.

"I do not care what you tell Ivar, I know you want to see him dead at your feet. But are you sure it is mine?" Torsten asked as he studied her face.

"I am positive Torsten." She stood, "I wanted to tell you that night when I asked you to convince me to go through with my plan but I could not, I was to scared of your reaction." Althea looked down at him, "I was too afraid of what you would think."