Everyone loves Nancy Wheeler

Robin and Steve we're walking to class when a very pretty girl walked passed. Robin's eyes fell on her and she was immediately in love.
"Robinnn? Helloooo? Can you hear me?" Steve was very confused as to why robin was staring so hard.
"Oh! Yeah, sorry. I guess I just got a little distracted" Robin said, snapping out of it.
" Distracted? Your neck almost broke you were turning your head so far. Who were you looking at and if you don't get her can I? " Steve said.
" You're an asshole Harrington and besides, I wasn't looking at anyone I guess I just zoned out a little. Now hurry or we'll be late to class! "
Steve shook it off and chased robin down the corridor to their classroom. When they made it into the class, Steve saw Nancy Wheeler sat on the far side of the classroom. His ex-girlfriend. But how was he to tell her he was still in love? She had just gotten out of a breakup with her boyfriend Jonathon so Steve thought it was probably too early to make a move.
As their teacher lectured about something or other, Robin noticed the girl she had seen earlier, sat on the far side of the classroom. She was wearing a one piece blue and purple jumpsuit with a white headband but all Robin could notice was her beautiful eyes. Robin sat there for the rest of the lesson watching this dream girl look up and down every now and then to write notes in her little textbook. The bell rang and snatched Robin right out of her trance.
As Robin and Steve were walking down the corridor, Steve said to Robin, " Hey do you think it's too early for me to shoot my shot with Nancy, you know considering she just finished with Jonathon? "
Robin felt her face turn bright red and said, " Yes! No. Actually, maybe! Ugh I don't know! I'm sorry"
" Wow great help dingus " Steve said.
"Steve...can I tell you something?" Robin said gently
" Yeah of course, is everything okay? Is someone picking on you? If so they better watch out or I'll beat the shit out of them. " Steve replied clenching his fists.
"Okay like you could ever win a fight. That Russian guard was a one off but besides the point, I..I think I'm in love...with this girl. She's got the most beautiful face in the world and her personality is just amazing. Steve she's perfect and it hurts me, it hurts me so deeply that I know I'll probably never get her...ever." Robin said trying not to cry.
" Who Robin? " Steve replied, hugging her.
" Holy shit. I, me Robin Buckley the dorkiest band kid in the history of anything is in love with the one and only Nancy Wheeler.. I'm in love with Nancy Wheeler. "
" What? A-are you sure Robin? I thought you guys were like friends and all but not like that! Woah holy shit! " Steve said laughing to himself
"I thought that too but I just...I don't know what changed! Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic falling over myself for someone I know will never ever like me back and I guess I just will have to live with that."
As the other kids flooded into the corridors Nancy ran to Steve and Robin.
"Hey! I am literally on the verge of tears I have 7 homework assignments 3 of which being essays and the other 4 being projects and flashcards for a stupid presentation on Friday. I don't understand the urge these teachers have to give us thousands of homework pieces every single day."
Steve and Robin just looked at each other as their faces turned red like tomatoes. Robin took a deep breath and turned to Nancy and said,
"Hey! So uh...I was just you know...wondering would you be down to get ice cream together on Sunday? Sayyyy maybe...11? Of course after you finish all those homework assignments! Haha...I mean its fine if not but I was just thinking like-"
" Robin! Breathe! " Nancy cut Robin off.
" Sorry! Was I rambling again?" Robin asked nervously.
Nancy smiled and said softly, "Yes but that's okay! And yeah, I would love to get some ice cream!" she then turned on her heel and headed off down to the library to study.
Robin felt her face burn up once again.
" Can I come? Please?" Steve said knowing Robin would say no.
"As if! This is my chance to be with my woman!" Robin chuckled
"Oh great so now I'll be the only one without a girlfriend!" Steve said sadly yet jokingly.
"Oh will you shut up Steve! You get girlfriends all the time! It's not my fault you sleep with them once then never bother to call them!" Robin said punching him on the shoulder.
"Damn.." Steve said pretending to be hurt.