You Weren't There || Nancy Wheeler Sequel

SEQUEL TO: You Were There

PAIRING: Nancy Wheeler x Fem!Adopted!Harrington Reader, Nancy Wheeler x Platonic!Robin Buckley, Robin Buckley x F!Platonic!Adopted!Reader

GENRE: A cup of fluff, a pinch of angst, and a sprinkle of doom ~~☆

WARNINGS: reader is fem coded, but no actual pronouns are used. vol. i and vol. ii spoilers, mentions of (canon) death/injuries

A.N: girl help, something in me keeps saying to make this a blurb series and it's getting harder not to listen

SUMMARY: After a long and stressful visit to Cali visiting family (whom you didn't get to see very much of) you return with Will, Jonathan, El, and Mike to your home in Hawkins. There you are reunited with your friends, your brother, and girlfriend Nancy. Her and Robin's newly kindled friendship has come to many a surprise, and you were no exception; but evidently its not quite the shock Robin had when she discovered who you were dating.

 Her and Robin's newly kindled friendship has come to many a surprise, and you were no exception; but evidently its not quite the shock Robin had when she discovered who you were dating

You weren't there. Nancy thanked God you weren't there. And yet, she wished with all her heart you were; you and Mike. Just to hold you two again in her arms and know you both were safe.

Hawkins was on the brink of total collapse and you, Mike, Jonathan, and his family were (hopefully) far from any kind of danger.

You weren't there when it started. Chrissy and Fred's murder, Victor Creel, the angry mobs, Vecna-all of it. And shit... Max. How would she tell you? Nancy knew, like your brother, you loved the kids. But you always had a bit of a soft spot for Mayfield. She knew you would find a way to blame yourself somehow; that you weren't there. But you didn't know, and you surely hadn't seen how powerful he was. Nancy prayed you never would.

You weren't there because you had left with Mike to Cali to visit family. Steve had nearly gone with you but he couldn't get out of work. Had he, Nancy would have had to worry about one less person.

At least it had allowed her to befriend the famous Robin Buckley; official best friend to the Harringtons and a girl you wouldn't quit talking up. 'Robin said the funniest thing today, I totally thought of you,'. 'Nance, I'm telling you, you have a lot more in common with her than you might think.' etc. It wasn't that Nancy was jealous; she trusted you completely. But sometimes she couldn't help but wonder just what could have bonded you two so that would make you want to introduce the two of them so badly.

But damn it if Robin hadn't grown on her. It might not have been the easiest thing for Nancy to admit, but the more she got to know Robin-the more Robin got underneath her skin, chipped away at her patience with all the grace of a jackhammer-the harder she found it to push her away. There was just something infectious and addicting about Robin and her runaway attention span and quick wit. She could keep up with Nancy in a way others couldn't, and her strictly Platonic-With-a-Capitol-P friendship with Steve had certainly brought out a fresher side to him. Even better, Nancy found the two of them had something very important in common; you.