XXIV -Everyone Lies Once In A While

Do you remember when you said,
If I saw your trouble, I'd be scared,
Well, you're melting my heart,
'Cause you won't show me your cards yet.
                          –Lennon Stella

☆Theme Song: Pretty Boy by Lennon Stella☆

Third Person's POV

Thursdays sucked, this Xosha knew.

But what sucked more was that, she'd completely forgot to attend to yesterday's physics assignment. That caused her a lot of humiliation today. She walked through the hallway to get to her locker, asking herself why on Earth she'd forget to work on her homework of all things. Her birthday was fast approaching; it was the coming week. Maybe, the list of presents she hoped to get, distracted her.

Or was it the fact that she'd almost stayed up all night, texting her friends, and hoping someone in particular would appear online?

Whatever it was, she prayed it wouldn't repeat itself. She was grateful to the teacher who spared her today. Normally in Jean Davis, failure to complete an assignment, led to series of unfortunate and exaggerated punishments. Picture having to clean a whole bus because of failure to submit an assignment.

Above all, nothing worried her more than the look on Jeremiah's face today. He didn't speak to anyone today, not even Azure. He was dull, didn't answer questions thrown at him, didn't look at anyone. It was as if, he reset everything about him and went back to the old Jeremiah. Because of that, nothing else made sense to Xosha for the rest of the day. Especially when she spotted Adam Haynes behind her while taking some books out of her locker, obstructing her from heading towards the room where Jeremiah studied after school.

"Carters" He started, looking down on her.

This had to be satire, he hadn't spoken to her since last year, all in all, they haven't had a proper conversation. There was no reason for him to call her like that.

Amazed and irritated at the same time, she responded, "It's Xosha. Carters is my surname"

"Well, I don't give a flying fuck" He spat at her, with his dull eyes firmly focused on her.

She didn't understand. She thought they weren't talking to each other. She didn't have any intentions of being friends with him whatsoever. She didn't even want to put any differences aside. She liked it how they were on separate lanes.

"Look" she crossed her arms, trying not to feel inferior due to the scowl on his face, "Adam. We agreed not to cross each other's paths...since what happened between us, so...I'd appreciate it if you left me alone"

"Trust me, I am not here to make friends with you" He said dryly, rubbing his hand all over his face; tracing his short stubble with his fingers.

"Then what? I have somewhere to be" She hoped this wouldn't take long so she could successfully see Jeremiah before he went home.

"I wanna invite you to a party" He said, showing no traces of emotion.

"Me?" She laughed mockingly, "You wanna invite me? Adam, is this a joke–"

"Are you coming or not?" He interjected.

"Of course not"

He shrugged and turned around, walking away, "Sure. Just thought it'd be a good idea to have you there, because Jeremiah's gonna be there as well. I guess I fucking messed up"