XLIX -You're So Breathtaking

When no one is around, my dear,
You'll find me on my tallest tiptoes,
Spinning in my highest heels, love,
Shining just for you.
-Taylor Swift

☆Theme Song; Mirrorball by Taylor Swift☆

Third Person's POV

Puffing her bronzed cheeks, Xosha twirled for her mirror's gaze for the fifth time. The shimmery white strap dress she put on, looked a little bit more perfectly than she had imagined and she liked it. From the way it fit her to the ruffles where it stopped, at her knees; she liked it all. She'd styled her braids into a high ponytail with the aid of a claw clip, wore a pair of silver chandelier earrings, and a silver locket. As a plus, Aunt Monica had helped her with the light but enhancing makeup. She felt...okay. She looked okay. How okay was okay? This was her actual first date. Not the second after a failed attempt. The first date she'd had with a guy she liked. She was more than nervous.

Did she look good enough?

She couldn't believe a few months ago, she was stealing glimpses at Jeremiah and now tonight, he was going to take her out. She overthought about it and her stomach failed her, leading her to the bathroom.

"Girl? Are you throwing up?" Monica asked, hearing the groans coming from the bathroom.

There was no reply. She was answered with the faint sound of music coming from the bluetooth speaker on Xosha's bedside drawer. Meanwhile, Xosha stared at her reflection, feeling relieved and realizing she had ruined her makeup once she washed her face. She rushed out to check the time. It was 6:25pm. Almost 7pm. They both agreed on 7pm. It was almost 7pm and she had just ruined her makeup. It was nauseating.

"I'm not gonna go" She shook her head, standing as stiff as a doll in the middle of her room, "I'm a mess. I just ruined the makeup, my dress suddenly feels tight, my stomach seems to look bloated. Urgh! Jeremiah is not going to like what he'd see"

Monica scoffed, "I told you not to wear the dress didn't I?"

"I'm anxious, okay? I wanted to be ready..." She bit her lower lip, "Ready for a whole 30 minutes"

Using her hand to fan away the little drops of sweat trickling down her forehead, she breathed harder, feeling more suffocated.

"First of all, are you even comfortable in that dress?" Monica had to know.

"Yeah actually...I feel okay in it....do I not look okay?"

Monica sighed at her niece's display of worry. She didn't blame her; it was always like that.

"Let's, take it off first" She proceeded to pull the zipper down Xosha's dress and led her to the dresser.

"It's 6:37" Xosha frowned at herself in the mirror.

"Yeah, and your little boy is gonna have to wait for you to be ready" Monica slid wipes over Xosha's face, taking off the previously ruined makeup, "It's not like he's going to be here at exactly seven anyway. You can calm down now"

"I just...it's my first date ever...at least I should be ready on time, I guess"

"And if something happens? He's gonna have to wait for this beauty to doll up. The most important thing is, you look beautiful in your own eyes, isn't it?"

Xosha took off her glasses, frowning at her blurry reflection, "Yeah...I suppose"

She bobbed her head slowly to the rhythm of the song that was now playing, singing along to the lyrics she knew, while her face was being retouched. It was one of the most quiet Saturday evenings she'd ever known. You could barely hear the sound of cars along the streets. Just a few hollering, conversations, and screeches. The neighborhood had a distinct serenity anyway, but tonight felt different. Maybe it was the anxiety that radiated from her. Maybe she only felt that way because tonight was special to her. She silently hoped that everything planned tonight was going to move smoothly.