2.

The next day, Raghav woke up due to the harsh sunlight that peeked through the gap between the curtains. Cursing the sunlight, he woke up to get ready for the day. Sitting on his dining table, he ordered Rama to bring his breakfast while he responded to the client mails. A phone ring disturbed him and he couldn't decline the call as it was from office.

"Good Morning Sir."

"Hmm....Morning."

"Sir, actually there's a lady waiting for you in the lounge area and she says that she wants to meet you. I told her to take an appointment and then come, she even agreed to it but, she wants to meet you today itself. I told her that you are very busy today and won't be able to meet but, she's not listening. She is saying that it's urgent. I tried convincing her but, she requested me to call you once." The receptionist told him.

"Seriously, you are going to call me for this? Why do I pay you ? I pay you so that you manage all of this but instead of doing that, you are disturbing me over such petty issues. Tell her that I don't have time."

"Sir, I tried really hard to tell her but, she isn't ready to listen. She is adamant to meet you."

"Looks like I'll have to handle her myself. What's her name?" Raghav asked scratching his neck.

"Jaya Rao."

"Whattttt??"

"Is everything okay, Sir?"

"Yes. Just cancel my meeting with the marketing team and reschedule it in the evening. I want her in my cabin right now and ask her if she needs something. I'll be there in ten minutes." Raghav said and hung up. He was on cloud nine after hearing the news. He couldn't believe that his Amma wanted to meet him and was waiting for him. Just yesterday, she had said mean things to him and today, she willingly came to meet him was something that he hadn't expected. Thinking that she might forgive him, he hurriedly went to his office.

As he entered his cabin, he saw his Amma already waiting for him doing something on her phone. He cleared his throat to get her attention and that's when she noticed him. He went and hugged her tightly. However, his Amma did not hug him back. She separated herself from the hug and sat down on the chair while Raghav took his seat opposite her.

"Amma, mereko believe nahi ho raha hai ke aap yaha aaya hai. Mein bohot khush hai Amma ke aap aaya. Das saal mein pehli baar aap khud se mereko milne aaya. Thank you so much, Amma."

"Mereko baat karneka tha."

"Karo na fir. Bohot time hai, mein apna meeting bhi cancel kar diya hai aapka liye."

"Iska jaroorat nahi tha. Mereko bass tera das minute chahiye."

"Amma, aapko baat karna tha toh directly mereko call karta na, appointment lene ka jaroorat nahi tha."

"Tera time bohot important hai, janta hai mein isliye appointment le raha tha warna terese kaam ke siva baat karne mein mereko koi interest nahi hai." Amma said and her words sent daggers to Raghav's poor heart. He felt like crying but, maintained his composure.

"Kya kaam hai Amma?"

"Tera Atta ka phone aaya tha. Woh aa raha hai kuch din ke liye."

"Thik hai, Amma. Mein tumlog ka room ready karke rakhta hai. Kab aa raha hai woh?"

"Kal subah." Amma said and inhaled a lungful of air to continue what she was saying. "Aur kal shaam ko hum sabko kahi jaana hai."

"Kaha jaana hai? Mein tickets vagaire ka arrangement kar deta hai."

"Tere liye ladki dekhne." Amma finally let the cat out of the bag.

"Aap kya bol raha hai, Amma?" Raghav asked shocked as never in his wildest dreams had he expected his Amma to say this.