S E V E N T E E N

"Hi Alice!"

"Hi guys!"

Hester and Dot moved apart so Alice could sit between them. Quickly, Alice sat down.

"Are you excited as well?" Hort asked and Alice giggled slightly as she noticed that the boy couldn't stop fidgeting.

Hester rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"God, since when are you so childish?" She asked in a mocking and annoyed tone but after Alice shared a look with Dot and Anadil, she could say that the black haired girl was excited about todays event as well. A relieving feeling came over her and Alice relaxed slightly.

"We're getting our finger glow, Hester!" Hort said, still fidging and a big excited smile on his face. Hester rolled her eyes.

"Please, can't you just stop acting like a stubborn dumb child?"

Hort made a face before he laid his hands on Alice' shoulders.

"You do agree with me, Alice. Right?"

Alice smiled and slightly turned.

"Of course I do." She said but using a sarcastic tone to annoy the boy behind her.

Now it was Hort's time to roll his eyes but he understood that she was on his side. He smiled at her before he looked at Hester again.

"See? Alice and I are on the same team." He said and stuck his nose in the air with exaggerated pride, which made Alice, Dot and Anadil giggle. Even Hester had to bite back a smile.

"Thanks, Alice." Hort said and gently squeezed her shoulders.

Alice smiled and wanted to answer but she was cut off by a screaming redhead.

"SHUT UP!"

Alice winced and turned her head forward again. Her gaze met Lesso's and she swallowed when she saw the redhead's angry gaze.

All of a sudden, the whole room got silent as everyone looked at the two deans.

"Everyone find your seats." Lesso snapped as she neutralised her facials.

Then, professor Dovey started to speak.

"To access one's magic, one must first unlock one's finger glow..."

Lesso continued.

"Once you've mastered your finger glow, it will prove to be invaluable."

A shiver went over Alice' body while listening to Lessos raspy voice. Butterflies went through her stomach as she remembered that she layed in her arms not even thirty minutes ago.

"Shall we?" Lesso asks with a slight raising voice and she and Dovey took out little shining keys.

Both sides gasped and Alice felt how Hester next to her gasped for air as she saw the key.

"Have no fear, Evers. Good feels no pain." Dovey said to her students in a warm and caring tone.

"Nevers..."