Ending!

—x—

It took another year or so, but eventually Sunghoon moved in with Heeseung and his children. If Sunghoon had to be honest, he had long since started calling them their children; it had started around the time Jungwon had called him dad by accident for the first time. He’d been embarrassed at the time and had refused to talk to Sunghoon for three days, now he did it without even thinking.

Things had turned out way better than Sunghoon had ever expected. It had been an adventure and there had been a lot of ups and downs, but in the end it was all worth it. He wasn’t foolish enough to think that there wouldn’t be any problems in the future, but he doubted there was anything he wouldn’t be willing to go through for them. 

He reminisced over how much he had struggled to decide if he had wanted to give this a chance, he was glad he had. In the future, as Riki and Jungwon grew older, things would definitely get more complicated. Despite never having wanted children, Sunghoon couldn’t really say he was dreading the time when that would happen. He couldn’t say for sure he would never regret this, though at the moment he couldn’t picture himself ever feeling like that. 

Jungwon was almost at the doors of his teenage years, and Sunghoon was terrified. Being besides Heeseung, however, made him feel like they could handle it. Or rather, that even if they couldn’t handle it, they’d find a way to overcome whatever the future had in store for them.

“Mm… that’s not your normal zoning out, what are you thinking about?” Heeseung asked, sitting next to him on their sofa. 

“Was thinking back to when you first told me you had kids,” he answered sincerely. “About how I hadn’t thought it would all lead to this.”

“I still cannot believe it took me you asking to tell you about them,” Heeseung groaned. 

“Are you still feeling guilty about that? Heeseung, it’s been years… literally.” Sunghoon laughed accidentally, causing Heeseung to pout.

“I feel bad about it, okay? Don’t be mean…” He complained, weakly.

“I am not being mean, but you explained yourself at the time and were understanding,” Sunghoon reminded him. “Besides, look at where we are now, I think it all turned out pretty well,” Sunghoon smiled.

“That’s because you are nice and surprisingly good with kids,” Heeseung claimed. “And I’ll be honest, I still can’t believe you used to not want kids; if we weren’t together, I’d be afraid you’d kidnap Jungwon,” Heeseung sounded serious, even if Sunghoon knew he was just joking. 

“What about Riki?” He played along.

“I don’t think you’d be able to kidnap him,” Heeseung said. “Actually, I don’t think you’d be able to kidnap Jungwon either, but you’d try.”

“And you think I wouldn’t try to take Riki?” Sunghoon was almost daring Heeseung to answer.

“Oh, no. You’d absolutely try to and would regret it, almost in the same instance.” Heeseung continued with his fictional scenario. “Well, they like you enough that they may just go along without protesting much.” 

“That’s a lie,” Sunghoon chuckled. “Riki would protest for the sake of it.” Heeseung easily agreed with him, leaning onto his shoulder and humming. 

Yeah, Sunghoon did not regret giving this a chance at all.

—x—