Chapter 7

A/N : sorry if this is like bad, just was procrastinating and didnt want to do anything so i stumbled on wattpad and was like "i guess ill just write" and so yeah here we are

-rosie:)

"Foster. Foster. Foster!" Sophie jolted awake. What time was it? When did she sleep?

"Foster."

"H-huh?" Sophie croaked, her voice and eyes adjusting to being waked up from a very uncomfortable position. She focused her eyes on Keefe, his hair looking a little flat. Then she looked around.

"Oh. My. God. Why are we still at Foxfire?!"

"So..we might have fallen asleep."

"I-uh-excuse me?"

"Mhmm. So.. do you want to just go home?"

"What are we going to tell Grady and Edaline? We fell asleep on each other? I love you and all but that sounds really weird."

"Yeah, I guess so. I mean, we could go to, um, Candleshade. I guess"

"Keefe, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. We don't have to go." 

"No, no, its okay. Lets go."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"N-" Keefe grabbed Sophie's wrist and dragged her along all the way to the Leapmaster. Then he shouted "Candleshade!" and pulled Sophie in closer, as if he was using his energy to protect her through the leap.

___________________

Anyone else would've seen a beautiful starry night against a perfect crystal skyscraper. But not Sophie and Keefe. They saw an abusive home. A horrible childhood. A bad place to be. But even so, Keefe grabbed Sophie's wrist yet again and pulled her into the house. He went up to his room. And opened the door. Sophie's heart ached as she saw the way Keefe cringed when he looked around at all the horrible memories. 

"I'm serious, Keefe. Lets please go back to Havenfeild."

"No. Its fine. I'm fine." Sophie took Keefe hand and turned his face so he would look at her.

"No, you're not." Keefe gave her a soft smile. Then he traced a finger under her eyes.

"Stop worrying about me. I'm seriously not worth-" Sophie slapped Keefe's hand away. He grimaced in pain, but he deserved it.

"You idiot. You beautiful, lovely, amazing idiot. You have to learn to expand your vocabulary from 'I'm not worth it.'" Sophie wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him as tight as she could.

"You're okay. You are amazing. You're worth it."