Chapter 13

A/N: so i thought i was gonna discontinue this bc the plot sucked but then i randomly got some motivation so yeahhh sorry for like the 10 year wait for lucky number 13!! ily guys and thanks for 3k reads on this story❤️❤️ also sorry if this was short imma leave yall in suspense >:)

-rosie :)

Sophie pulled Keefe onto the pastures in a fit of rage and confusion. What were Keefe and Fitz doing? Fighting on the ground?

"Look, Foster, I can explain." Keefe said, looking at the ground.

"Yeah, go ahead. Explain." Sophie spat out, crossing her arms.

"Okay, so, it's...not my fault-"

"That's it? It's not my fault? That doesn't really explain why you and Fitz were fighting on the ground of some random store."

"Look, Sophie. I leaped to Mysterium, Fitz pulled me into a store, questioned me, and then..you know." Keefe said, throwing his arms around trying to explain.

"Questioned you?" Sophie asked, grasping Keefe's fidgeting hands to stop him from moving, getting him to look at her. She then noticed the confusion in his eyes, like he was rethinking his decisions.

"Hey, Foster, I wanted to talk to you about something." Keefe said, biting his lip as if he was nervous. Maybe Sophie was being a little harsh on him. She took a breath.

"What?"

"Well, maybe you're right."

"Right about what..." Sophie said, eyebrows creasing.

"Maybe...maybe you shouldn't go." Keefe's eyes looked honest. 

"Wha- what do you mean?" Sophie asked, betrayed. "A-are you breaking up with me?"

"What? No! I-" Keefe stopped himself, before he said something stupid again. "I would never want to break up with you. But I just don't think it's safe for you to come with us. I know you wouldn't want to, but...maybe you should stay back." Keefe suggested.

Sophie scoffed. Since when did he had the right to tell her what was safe for her?

"Keefe. What is one word used to describe a relationship?" Sophie gave a grim smile. Keefe stumbled on his words.

"I'm not sure." He decided on. 

"Partners." Sophie said. "But if you think we shouldn't go for things together, you know, as partners, I guess you just don't understand relationships." And with that, Sophie booked it.