🌙a star away

"I'm sorry that happened to you..." Chan moved in the water and couldn't take his eyes off the huge scar he had.

"I lost a dear friend of mine before my eyes...then I lost my lover. The last memory I have of them, is them bleeding on the sidewalk as they watched me get a sword through my back..."

"This cannot have happened north, so where do you come from?"

"I come from the north, but I happened to be at the worst place at the worst time..."

"Well hopefully I can give you a new life here, even if it is new"

Minho hummed and placed his entire head in the water to rub his face from all the dirt. He then went to the surface and his skin appeared even paler this way.

"Snow...your back" Chan said and Minho simply shrugged.

"I didn't listen much to the guards...they made sure to remind me" Minho said, lines from whips lining on his back.

"I can have them executed if you want..." chan said like it was nothing and Minho shook his head.

"No need...enough blood has been shed already" he sat on the warm seat and relaxed his shoulders. All he could see when he closed his eyes were Jisung's eyes when the sword went through him. Last they had spoken, the two had fought and Minho would never forgive himself for that.

Chan was a strong ally if he could gain his trust, especially in a country where he knows no one. Yet, he could never find out who he really was.

Some guards came in and placed some clothes on the benches, they looked expensive and soft, there was also a lot of jewelry, all silver.

"Listen eh...I need your help tonight. A favour."

"What is it?"

"My father, the king, is hosting a party and I want to impress him. Slaves are known to be brought to these events well dressed...and well-"

"You want me to be your pet for a night...great"

"It's one night. Then, I'll let you sleep all you want, I'll let you walk around freely, give you what ever you want...please"

There was one thing that was still driving him to live. It was his desire to kill this king. Now he would have to see him and bow before him, he'd hate every second of it.

"Only one night right...?"

"Yes. I promise it'll be worth your while."

Chan waited as he saw Minho look back at the clothes and sigh.

"I'll wear the clothes. I'll behave. But if anything goes too far I'm leaving."

"Thank you thank you" he smiled and put his hands together.

<3

Jisung sat on the throne uncomfortably and sighed, taping his finger on the iron chair.

"Still not used to it your majesty?" Felix came up to him, he seemed to be doing better after a month of healing, but he was still quite affected by this loss.

"I told you not to call me that, and yes I suppose...it takes some getting used to." Jisung fixed the crown on his head and placed his hair. "I still can't believe how cold the chair is..." he mumbled.

"I'm sure you'll adapt, anyway, I actually came here with a purpose...I've got news"

"Tell me" he leaned back against the seat and Felix pulled out a letter from his pocket.

"We received a raven...from the west"

Jisung frowned and his blood boiled only by hearing the name, he blamed all of them for what happened, because he knew the truth.

The truth that Minho didn't know.

The truth about his father.

The truth about why the prince of crows had lost his mother.

He knew it all.

"What does it say?" he clenched his teeth.

"It's the king of the west...he's requesting a meeting for an alliance."

Jisung scoffed, he couldn't believe it.

"You cannot be serious..."

Felix looked at him and lowered his head, which made Jisung realize that he was indeed speaking truthfully.

"I am..."

"What could the west possibly want with us? Putting aside all of our history, all of the horror they brought, why...?"

"I don't know Jisung, but there is a choice to make. The westerners have taken over the south, they control a huge part of our map...if we refuse we can't assure our kingdom's safety."

"I'd rather die then make deals with the reason I'm here in the first place."

"But the kingdom doesn't..." Felix said quickly and then seemed like he regretted. "What I mean is...you've got a choice to make and I don't think you should base it on what you've experienced. Trust me, there is nothing more I'd rather see then that horrible king die. But think of all the people here who put their trust in you..."

Jisung stayed silent as he read the letter, he felt like throwing up just thinking about it.

"Get a raven ready." Jisung clenched his jaw.

"Of course, what will we respond..?"

Jisung got up from his chair and grabbed his sword, a small smile on the face.

"That we've got a lot of catching up to do..."

<3

"I am not wearing that." Minho placed it back on the bed and Chan looked at him.

"Oh come on, please?" He begged but Minho was not having it, he's never felt more exposed.

"It's ridiculous."

"Just try it on!" Chan laughed and threw it at him, so he caught it and sighed.

He went inside a changing room and came out with red cheeks and an avoiding gaze.

It was a low waisted skirt that showed off all of his stomach, it was loose and very silky. There was no shirt, apart from the silver necklaces he had, who covered a hit of his chest. His back, which still had markings of whips on it, was completely exposed. Not to mention his stomach, scarred, wasn't covered.

"I need something to cover my scars..." he mumbled and Chan suddenly got up with an idea in mind.

"I know just the thing" he came back with some paint and a smile on his face, Minho only sighed more.

"Paint?"

"I'll draw you war paint,  that way we won't notice your scars"

"Im not your art project"

"You're no fun..." he dropped his smile and walked away slowly. He put the body paint aside and dramatically dropped on the bed.

"Fine...make it quick."

Chan got up all excited and took two of his fingers in the pain.

<3

Minho walked along side Chan, who was dressed in an all blue silk, which complimented Minho's skirt. The pain under his eyes was white, dripping down to his neck and his torso was covered in a beautiful pattern that Chan had done. It looked quite good, but Minho would never admit to that.

"Are we almost there? it feels like we're walking around in circles..." Minho whispered.

"Yes, and don't speak when we get there. Remember, they think your my slave...act like it"

Minho nodded and they opened the door.

It's then he saw him in the middle of the room, gloating on his throne with a smile. The king of the west...Minho's sworn enemy.

He stares straight at him and the king's eyes landed on his exposed figure.

They had never met.

Yet, Minho had never wanted to kill anyone more in his entire life.