𝟎𝟎𝟐 [𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤, 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐢] | 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞

Family oneshot : [y/n], Sindri, Brok
[Gender is not specified]

__________________

Returning to Sindri's house after coming from Vanahiem with Kratos, Brok, Mimir, and Freya may have to be the most intense build-up of emotions one could experience.

After finding out that Atreus had been gone for 2 days, it did not have a good effect on Kratos. Seeing him walk back and forth, not knowing where his son could be, was intense. Never showed a hint of anger. His facade of determination and seriousness began to break down, and a father in worry if his son was alive or not wherever he went appeared.

Upon entering the house, I hear faint arguing behind Atreus's door. Deciding to let Kratos handle the situation since they both are not of kin to me, I head towards the table to sit down and await for the tension to wash over. 

As Kratos opens the door to Atreus's room, I see Sindri speak a few words to him before leaving and heading my way. Wanting to know what happened during the time we’re all gone, I yell out to Sindri, "Hey Sindri!" 

"[y/n], I assume you heard all of that?" He speaks with a lace of irritation as he stands next to the table. 

"Not of context, but the tone definitely caught me...come. Have a seat." I say as I pat the seat across from me. 

After a definite moment of silence, I decided to speak again, "The boy is lost Sindri, don't beat yourself up for it." 

"I'm okay, it's just I've tried to speak some sense to him, but he just won't listen [y/n]. He won't listen." He says with a defeated tone. He rests his arms on the table while looking down. 

Grabbing his hands and holding them tight with mine, I say, "Sindri, you are the bravest, most selfless person I've been grateful to have known over the past 5 years. How he responded to you does not reflect on what you chose to say to him." 

Looking at our interlocked hands, then back up to me with a smile, he says, "Thanks [y/n], you always know what to say." 

Placing a smirk on my face, I reply, "I know." 

It took quite a while for Sindri to get comfortable enough around me to actually hold my 'unsanitary' hands as he liked to call them. What brought you close to Sindri and Brok too surprisingly what the journey across the realms over time. They began to see you as their little sibling even though you were way taller than them. Family is something you always sought to regain one day, and maybe Sindri and Brok could be the first step forward to it. 

"What the fuck are two poutin’ about?" Brok. Of course. 

"Brok! How nice of you to speak up. We were just talking about personal stuff, if you'd like to join us?" I asked with a taunting voice. 

"Nah, all that sapping sadness shit doesn't sit too well with me. You know what, I been tinkerin’ some goodies I've been making for ya and big guy over there."

"Really? Well, I'd love to try it when it's ready." 

"You bet your ass you will, my skills won't go to waste." He says as he starts walking near the front door where his place of work is.