Together

Alex's POV

Alex's POV

We made it to My house. Greeted by my mom, Mrs Wilder. Mom gave Katie a warm smile which was returned. As Katie went to take her shoes off, mom gave me a sarcastic smirk as if to say 'First lady you brought home, Alex, you must be growing up!'

We were unsure if anyone would come so Katie and I decided to play video games and watch movies. She ended up sleeping on my shoulder after a a few hours of video games, movies and a large amount popcorn we both consumed. It was 7:30 when we heard a knock on the door. Katie jolted awake, immediately moving away from me as if she didn't just snuggle into me on the sofa.

We both sighed before opening the door of my parents residents, finding our old friends on the doorstep. We gladly let them inside.

"Hey guys! Come in!" I said to break the mood. It was tense.

"Looks like Katie and Alex had a nice little date while we were gone. How sweet of them." Chase's sarcasm showed when saying it which annoyed me a lot. I glanced quickly over at Katie who had a mild blush on her face.

"We all got your text. Manipulative, sending that photo." Gert said

"But effective, since you're almost all here." I was proud of the photo Katie sent to them using my phone, but I didn't give her credit. Likewise she didn't mind.

"Yeah." I said with an obvious smirk spreading on my face.

"Yeah, if you guys don't like veggie, there's a pepperoni at the bottom."

"There's a sausage under, and a pineapple, too." Katie added making me grin. "Or board games."

"Ooh, yes, Twister! Remember that we would always" I was cut off by Gert spoiling my fun.

"We're not 12 anymore." Gert said in a snobby way.

"Not even me." Molly said adding to Gert but we all new she didn't mean harm with her words. I looked at Katie for help she saw.

"Good point." Katie shot me an apology with expressions.

"Okay, how about suggestions, then, just anything you guys." I was desperate. Katie gave up she new we weren't going back to how it was before.

"What are you doing?" Katie questioned as Chase went to sit in a chair. We all stood there with dread and sadness because we all new who's chair that was.

"That was her chair." Molly stated the obvious. She had to break the tension.

"Sit wherever you want. She's gone." Nico said with no emotions.

"This is too weird." Chase broke the guilty silence that lasted for too long.

"Maybe we just don't work without her." Karolina said plainly. Her hair wavier as usual.

"Yeah." Katie agreed, she to gave up of any hope.

"I'm outta here." Chase stated.

"No, come on, guys! Listen, we can't blame Amy for the fact that we don't hang out anymore." Katie said with urge in her voice. She still wanted to be in the presence of her old friends.