Ecstasy

Yosuke's POV:

It feels like such a high.

His lips graze across mine, my hands on his neck. It's almost like a haven.

The rumble of the train rocks us sideways, but that only makes us more desperate.

For a moment, I believe I'm going to fall off the table. Even if I do, I know he'll catch me.

His face is so cold. Mine is so warm. It's like we're fitting together perfectly.

I don't dare open my eyes in fear he stops. Being like this with him is so much different from the occasional 'hand holding' or 'thigh-rubbing'. It's exhilarating.

It feels like we're finally getting somewhere. Like he wants me just as bad as I want him. He's my ecstacy.

The moment I back out to breathe, he's gone. A shadow. A silhouette.

He slowly backs away into the gathering crowd of blurred faces.

It's all dark until the spotlight shines on my face.

I shield my eyes, jerking my head away. I can't hear what the people are saying, but I know they're talking about me.

With all my might, I manage to jump off the table. I take heavy steps toward the crowd; but it only seems like they're getting further.

The light follows me.

I begin to hear faint whispers and murmurs.

"Aw, shit. We're gonna have to take Narukami off the team, now. He can't be goin' around pullin' stunts like that..."

"Sheesh... I bet his parents must be disappointed."

"I might have to block him on socials because of that."

"Think the councillor could have a word with him?"

"He's supposed to marry a pretty girl and carry on his family's business!"

"Why does Yosuke think he can change him?"

"It'd be more natural if he were with someone like me."

"Geez, I can't think of him the same again..."

"Let's just keep our distance, okay?"

All this shit they're saying about Yu... is because of me.

I knew it. I knew all along that I was the problem. I'm out of place. I'm supposed to be a girl if I like him. That's how it goes.

Shut up. Shut up!! Everything is fine. We care about each other; what difference does gender make? Screw them all. We don't need their approval.

If I bring his reputation down, he'll hate me... What if he gets kicked off the basketball team? What if he gets kicked out of the music club? What if everyone shuns him?

Stop being stupid. They can't do that.

But they can. Clubs can kick whoever they please. And people are just as worse.

Why was it never this way when he was with Shin? Why is it different because I'm me?

No. Yu and I like each other. So what? It's nothing weird, right?

But what will everyone say? What if they start making fun of us, or sending us death threats, or something?

Stop being dramatic. Nobody really cares.

But of course they do! They want the latest and biggest news. And we'll never live it down.

Maybe Yu doesn't even want to make it official.