ch 15; linked

It's around eight-ten years since the day where Shadow became an official boyfriend to Silver.
Despite Shadow has been feeling bad for what he did with Knuckles, he still lived a peaceful life with his precious boyfriend. And nothing will ever destroy that. Not even his family.

Today is a beautiful summer day, and the couple are walking on the streets in the new town they moved, shortly after the gang graduated.
They are passing a store with baby things, and Silver looks curiously at the store and wondered if Shadow would want a child... At least he wanted many years ago... But was that only because he needed a mate?-... Or 'Cause he also wanted one?
Silver looks curiously at Shadow whose hand he held.
"Shadow?-..." he starts saying to get his attention.
Shadow hums asking, and looks curiously at him.
Silver starts blushing, and looks a slightly to the side to avoid his gaze.
"... Many years ago, you wanted a child-... Do you still want one?... Maybe we can adopt... I-if you want..." The flushed hedgehog suggests.
Silence.

Shadow exhales softly.
"... Honestly?" He starts saying, and made Silver to look at him and nod.
The ebony hedgehog shrugs.
"... I don't want one-... But if you do... Then I wouldn't mind one..." he answers.
Silver blinks surprised, then he starts smiling, where he soon starts chuckling.
"No?-... Good!-... 'Cause I don't think I would be a good parent... I would probably forget to feed the child since I was playing some video game..." he laughs with tears forming in the eyes. Unsure if those are relieved tears, or disappointed ones.

Shadow starts eyeing him seriously.
"... I think you would be a good parent..." he tells him, and made Silver to laugh harder.
"Don't lie-... Of cour-..." he starts joking when the stomach starts cramping, where pain made him to flinch forward and double over.
He let's go of Shadow's hand, and wraps the arms around the stomach, where he starts whimpering.

Shadow halted the steps, and turns toward him where he kneels in front him. With panic written all over the face.
"Silver?-... Are you alright?... Is it the stomach again?" He asks worried and places the hands gently on Silver's arms.
Silver grits the teeth while trembling.
"...Mm..." he answers despite the awful pain.
Few tears are falling from his worried eyes, and splashed at the ground.
When the cramps start decreasing, he let's out a nervous laugh and looks up at Shadow.
"But don't W-worry-... I-... Will meet the doctor, T-tomorrow..." he says to calm down Shadow, and also himself.
"... I'm S-sure... He will H-help me...." he swallows hardly.

Shadow nods, and embraces Silver where he kisses the top of his head. Feeling very protective of him.
"Of course my love-... The pain will soon be a bad memory, and nothing else..."

*** Next day***

Even though Sonic knew where is no way, Knuckles would wake up any time soon, he still loved sitting next Knuckles' coffin and taking a cup of blood.
Sometimes he even talked with him about things that have happened around the people they knew.
Like Manic married Scourge, and they are now enjoying themselves with a trip around the world. At least for now, until Scourge must take over the throne after his parents. Something everyone are afraid of...
Not 'Cause he would rule like some kind of tyrant... No, simply 'Cause Scourge is still childish and doesn't cares about the royal duties. He only wants to rule and get praised as their king... Hopefully his husband will support him with the royal life as the future king... Which he is sure Manic would... He can trust his brother.

He has also told Knuckles that, Rouge has starts working for G.U.N, as some kind of bad-ass agent.
It also seems she has met a woman there.
According Rouge, they are only coworkers, and nothing else... But, Sonic isn't sure about that... Not since she keeps blushing, and avoiding the topic, when the coworker gets mentioned...

He had been chuckling when he started talking about Amy, and how she tried giving ballet one more chance-... But got kicked out 'Cause the others were afraid of her.
It seems she doesn't has the finesse to dance ballet, like Knuckles had told her...