Prologue

Obscured

Made by: Therealscraft
Editing by: Martheintellectual

PROLOGUE:
[THIRD PERSON POV]

Fire licked at the country's boots as he raised his burning flag, red and gold matching the sea of fire in front of him, embers flying off of it, falling to the already burning and dry ground. The man had a soft smile on his face, when he suddenly heard a voice.

"ПАПА (Papa)!" The skinny boy ran as fast as he could on his thin legs, tears running down his face.

"Oh, son." The man turned to the boy, the burning flag still in one hand.

"Папа... Это пуля? (Papa... is that a bullet?)" The boy's eyes trailed down to the man's leg, which was already bleeding, the fabric being stained crimson and maroon in the orange light.

"Да, мальчик. (Yes, boy.)" The man answered, and smiled slyly.

"Б-но.. Ты не можешь умереть.! (B-but.. you can't die.!)" The boy whispered, tears running down his face.

"Я Простите. (I'm sorry.) " The man brushed the dirt off the boy's face, smiling softly.

"Значит ли это, что ты уезжаешь? Навсегда? (Does this mean you're leaving? Forever?)" The boy asked, grabbing the man's arm.

"Да (Yes)." The man replied.

"Что? Почему?! (What? Why?!)" The boy asked frantically.

"Слушай, я умираю, как твоя мама, хорошо? Не беспокойся обо мне. (Listen, I'm dying, just like your mother, okay? Don't worry about me.)" The man said, eyes glazing over the scenery.

"Хорошо. (Okay.)" The boy nodded. He was afraid to cry any louder, so he attempted to stop. He wiped his tears with his sleeve.

"Не все будет плохо, вы получите свой собственный флаг,(It won't all be bad, you'll get your own flag,)" The man smiled, a spiderweb of cracks inching slowly up his face.

"Еще кое-что. (One more thing.)"

The boy's eyes trailed up to the man's face, looking at the sorrowful expression.

"Не ненавидь @:348+@ слишком сильно (Don't hate @:34+@ too much)."

The boy nodded reluctantly.

"Послушай меня очень внимательно. Я не собираюсь говорить это дважды. (Listen to me, very closely. I'm not going to say this twice.)" The man brushed the young boy's shoulders off, a warm smile appearing on his face. He took off his ushanka and out it on the boy's head, the ear flaps going well over his shoulders,

"Что? (What?)" The boy tilted his head.

The man's face began cracking, his spindly fingers struggling to hold on as dust flew off.

"I love you."

There was almost a hushed whisper, like it was saying "See you soon."

And then, in a matter of seconds, the man smiled, the wind shifted, and all the boy had left was ashes.

Tears ran down the boy's face, letting go of his eyelashes as they trailed down.

He heard loud sounds above him and an abundance of water and other materials the boy couldn't name poured onto the smoking and sizzling ground, sprays of water jutting in the boy's face.

The boy noticed there were American flags embroidered on the planes, saving anyone who might've been burned.

But they couldn't save his own father.

————

Yo guys, hru? This has been a long-running project for me, and I'm finally writing it, so yay!

I'll try to update whenever I can, but alas, I can make no promises.

So, get ready for extreme angst.

ALSO I WANT TO ADD, there will be no ships, at least as far as I'm aware, so don't get your hopes up.

Hopefully, I can make art for this, so you don't have to just read without getting a visual.

Anyways, Ciao!!

Word count: 563 words