False Sweetness

[Germany 3rd Person POV]

Everything was suffocating.

The darkness, the loneliness.

And especially the hands clawing at his throat.

"Get off of me!" Germany shouted, pushing his father away with weak force. Although he hadn't eaten in days, it didn't bother him.

After all, he was used to it.

"Come on, I'm not asking for much." Third said sweetly, although there was a thick layer of anger masked under it, and they both knew it.

"Shut the fuck up! All you want to do is kill millions of people for your own fucking pleasure, sicko!!" Germany's eyes narrowed angrily.

Unkempt nails dug into his neck.

"Ruin your life? I did everything for you!" Fury flashed in Third's eyes, His voice grew louder, and he shifted his hand so that it was wrapped threateningly around Germany's throat. He wasn't applying much pressure- he knew Third wasn't choking him, but he could decide to at any moment. And somehow, Germany still couldn't breathe.

"No you didn't! You acted like you cared, sure, but you didn't take care of us! You only had us so you could turn us into your mindless zombies! I bet you didn't even cry when East died!" Germany choked out with a huff.

Third let go of him roughly, bruises forming on where Third raked his fingers against Germany's face and neck, the skin broken.

"You wouldn't be this 'oh so great' figure in everyone's lives if it weren't for me, bitch."

Germany kept silent. It wasn't entirely a lie, nor a truth.

"You don't seem to remember when I got so scared of your abuse that East told me to run away. I found a better family and friend I could've asked for, and finally learned what kindness meant."

Although there was a lingering guilt, as when he got home, it was one of the most violent episodes ever.

Of course he still had scars that constantly reminded him.

"Well, it's not my fault you don't know how to behave. The punishment you got was fine enough, since you left your poor defenseless sister you say you love so much. How pathetic." Third snickered.

Germany fell silent once again.

"After all, all those horrible things that happened to you, should've fixed you."

"You only have yourself to blame."

"—should've fixed you."

The words spun around Germany's head, wearing grooves into his mind.

His father was right.

It was his fault.

"I.."

"See? This is why you should join me, so I can fix you." Third said, his voice even and calm.

"So? what do you say?"

He can fix me.

"..Excuse me?"

Something irked at him, like a small voice.

Don't do this.

Please.

Don't do this.

But it will fix me, He retorted in his mind.

The voice stayed silent.

He shook his head.

He had to set his mind on this.

Right?