Chapter 4

August

I woke up at around 10 am to see Asia gone. I didn't sweat it and got up going into the bathroom. I took a 10 minute shower and came out. I pulled out a black T- shirt, some white Trues, a black and white bucket hat, and my Concords.

After getting dressed, I went downstairs and saw Aisa cooking and the girls eating. "Hey August." she looked up and smiled. "Was' Good." I went to the stove to see what she cooked. "Goodmorning Uncle Aug." the girls said. "Hey y'all. " I opened pots and she had made Eggs, bacon, pancakes, grits, hash browns, and sausage. She even made a bowel of fruit.

"Dang you must've got up hella early." I said laughing at her. "Not really I got up at 8:30. I didn't start cooking until 9." "You did all'at in an hour? " I looked at her in disbelief. "45 minutes." She smirked and walked upstairs. "Help yourself , It's your house! " she yelled from the top.

I got me a plate and conversated with the girls. It felt good to have an actual conversation with them since I've been workin' and all'at shit.

"Do you like Asia?" Kay asked out of nowhere. I was caught off gaurd and almost choked on mah food.

"Why ?" I asked.

"I don't know I though that's why you brought her here to take care of us when you leave. " I got up to put my plate in the sink and wash the dishes. I ain't gon' put all the work on ha.

"Like you just said, I can't leave you here by ya'self so I got babysitter. Ain't nothin' serious. " They shook their heads like they understood and gave me they plates.

I walked upstairs after getting the dishes done and saw it looked like Aisa was 'bout ta leave.

"Whea' ya goin'?" I asked.

"Girls day remember? " I scrunched my face up for a second then remembered.

"Oh ight. Have fun. " I said hugging her bye.

"Thanks I will." She walked downstairs and I heard her say bye to tha girls. I sat on tha bed checking my phone when I heard tha girls yelling at each other.

"Tha hell." I got up and went downstairs. "What's goin' on down hea'?" I asked looking confused.

"Chay won't let me watch what I wanna watch! She took the remote from me. " Mya yelled all dramatically an shit.

"Chay give me the remote. " She pouted her face and walked over to me. "You too old fa dat. Now here Mya and when your show is over give the remote to Chay or y'all can watch somthin' togetha."

"Okay Uncle Aug. " Chay said and sat down.

I went back upstairs and called Chandra. She was supposed to come pick up the girls today and take them shopping.

"Hey what time you comin' ova." I asked after she answered.

"I'm leaving at 1. We gonna go shopping and out to eat then they gonna stay at home with me. " I listened.

"Ight sounds cool. I'll get they surprise ready then. I'll have Aisa help me. "

" Oh yea you got a babysitter for them. I need to meet this woman you got around my kids August. " She demanded.

"I gotchu, you can meet her tomorrow when they come back." I said back knowing that I would have to get Asia to come by early tomorrow.

"Ok so you goin by the shelter today right? "

"Yea Chandra I got this."

"Ight Aug, bye, see ya in a little bit." She spoke back.

"Ight, bye." She hung up and I went out downstairs and sat with the girls while they watched Doc McStuffins. This shit kinda fire. She out her fixing toys and shit, black and successful.