16

Armaan who returned home after jogging, tried his best to escape from sight of his grandparents which he miserably failed. Armaan saw his grandmother standing in front of him blocking the way to the staircase. With silence lingering between them, Pramila gazed at his right hand which was bandaged and her eyes widened with shock and worry.

"Armaan?! What happened to your hand?"

"Dadi... Woh"

"When did it happen? And you didn't even tell us?"

Pramila held his hand gently in hers while she looked at him with concern.

"Dadi... I am fine... It's just nothing"

"You call this nothing? This big bandaged hand?"

Armaan looked at her nervously and the next moment he felt his ear being twisted.

"Ah ah Dadi! Please.... Leave me.... Ah it pains"

"Then why don't you tell me everything properly, Huh?"

"Ok... Fine! I will tell you"

Pramila twisted again making him yelp in pain.

"Dadi.... Yaar first at least leave my ear no? If you hold like this, how will I tell you?"

Hearing his plea, Pramila left his ear and glared at him for answers.

"Dadi.... It happened yesterday evening"

"And you didn't even tell us?"

"Dadi... You all were there after so many days and I didn't wanted to spoil Aditi's birthday party. The glass which I was holding it broke and then I went to hospital to get it treated"

Hearing which, Pramila once again twisted his ear making groan in pain.

"Now why are you doing this Dadi?"

"You drove to hospital all by yourself and you expect me to be quiet?"

"Ah... Dadi it hurts"

"Why are you shouting now? Stay silent as you did yesterday.... "

"Dadi... Sorry na.... I didn't wanted to worry you"

"So after finding out like this, you think I won't be worried at all?"

"Dadi... You know what I meant"

Soon there were tears in Pramila's eyes and she left his ear and held his hand again gently.

"You never tell anything, Armaan.

You have become same like your father"

"Baba?"

"Yes.... He never used to tell anything to us if anything that would worry us."

Wiping her years, Pramila then continued to speak.

"Don't bottle up everything inside your heart Armaan.... It never ends well"

"Dadi.... "

Armaan hugged her embracing her in his arms and mumbled softly.

"I am fine Dadi"

Armaan wanted to tell that it was Nia who bandaged his hand and he was sure that she would be delighted to know that he met Nia. But he didn't wanted to give false hope if things didn't turn up the way he wanted to.

"Ok.... Now let me go and get ready.... I have to go to the office"

"Armaan.... But how will you go? Your hand-"

"Dadi.... It's not a big deal. I can manage it"

"Ok... Just don't pressurise yourself to work and if it pains, just return home"