Free

As the whirling portal spat out the femme like a ragdoll and she rolled around in the mud a few times before she finally stopped, she had no idea why this place was the one Shadow thought about when she chose the coordinates. Maybe it was pure bad luck for her to end up facepalming a brown puddle, but nonetheless, her escaping was not as graceful as she imagined it previously.

"Frag..." Darkwing grunted before she lifted her helm from the mud while spitting out some of the dirt-colored water, looking around to be sure that she was safe, but the only thing she saw was the last moment while her escape route vanished into the nothing behind her like it was never there.

Making the portal immediately close after it transported one person was so much easier to code into the system after the connection between the groundbridge and the makeshift remote control was stabilized, but it was a highly dangerous plan to hope that the portal could hold the overcharged state for that few seconds while the seeker jumped into it.

But it worked after all.

The seeker was sure that it would take the Autobots at least a few hours to be even able to find out what went wrong with the bridge, but by that time, she would be nowhere.

The rain fell on her frame with a quiet pit-patting sound as Darkwing turned her helm around in the wide open space, observing her environment in great detail. The sea of grassy land made a small piece of memory squirm around in her mind like a long-forgotten note of a song while her wings impatiently followed the back-and-forth thoughts with every new wind blow across the field, moving up and down, before they made a bigger flutter as the femme eventually recognized the place.

It was the same place Megatron brought her before, so they could talk without anybody else hearing their words. It was the place where he showed her his deep-hidden soft side, and asked her about her love toward him, the place where she told him about her devotion, and the place where she was left with shaking knees, because spilling out all of her feelings was too much for her at that time.

The recollection of that day made her smile, and as the realization of her newly achieved freedom hit her, Darkwing burst out in laughter. Her happy chuckling and laughing spread in the rain over the muddy field while she sat up, looking up toward the dark clouds above her. If anybody would have seen the femme like this, covered in dirt and laughing like a maniac, they would've surely thought that she had gone crazy.

"We did it... we escaped..." She said between two giggles, running her hands from the top of her helm down to her nape while she closed her eyes, enjoying the cold drops of rain on her face. "I can't even believe it!"

'Yes, we did.' Shadow's voice softened for a moment as she chortled too. 'And I have to admit, I really enjoyed your little show. The expression on their faces was hilarious... that fear and shock...'

Darkwing only rolled her optics at this statement before she glanced down at the phone in her hand, then threw it away as far as she could. The seeker watched as the remains of the pink phone flew up toward the sky, shrinking smaller and smaller in her view, only to fall down far from her between the tall grass, vanishing forever.

"And... now what?" She asked out loudly, while her sight was still glued to the point where she saw the last glimpse of pinkness.

'Call the ship.' Her sister's mind wiggled around in the back like she would try to find a comfortable, but not really existing position for herself. 'We are too weak to fly, and the adrenaline in our system won't keep us from crashing for too long.'

Darkwing nodded and cleaned down a small bit of mud from her audio, pressing her digits to activate her communicator.

"Darkwing to Nemesis..." It felt so good for her to finally say these words that the smile only widened on her face. "Can anybody hear me? I would need a groundbridge in my location."