38. Devastation

"I'll meet you guys at Ts" Anna says as we all stand up from the table. I grab my purse and I feel a hand on my back.

"Will you ride with me" Timmy whispers

"You've got to be kidding me" I say moving away from him.

"I just want to talk" he says softly.

"There is nothing to talk about" I say moving closer to Billy as we walk out of the doors.

"Running to him isn't the answer" he says pointing at Billy.

"She don't want to talk to you!" Billy says standing in front of me.

"Funny, the shoe was on the other foot two days ago" Timmy says squaring up with Billy.

"Leave her the fuck alone" Billy says "worry about your girl and your baby" he says nodding toward Anna's car.

"You leave my kid out of this" Timmy says poking Billy in the chest.

"Timmy don't start something you can't finish" Billy says with a snide smirk

"I'll fucking finish it" he says.

Billy takes a step toward Timmy and I reach for his arm. When he feels my hand he stops. He pauses and takes a deep breath. "I'm not going to fight you but only because y/n doesn't want me to. It's time for you to walk away and get your priorities straight dude" he says. Billy turns and reaches for my hand. I don't take his hand but I follow him to his car. "I'll follow you to your house" he says and we get in the car.

"Why didn't you take my hand" he says after a few minutes of silence. His voice was hurt. Sad.

"Billy" I began softly. "Just because I wanted you to come get me doesn't erase all the hurtful things you've done to me. I am so so hurt by what you did. I know your trying to be better but I need to to heal from this and decide if I can trust you again"

"I understand" he says. He kept driving eyes unwavering from the road. He looks over at me and smiles a broken smile. I smile back.

To say that I was expecting a fight was an understatement. I couldn't believe he had just dropped it. We made it to Timmy's and I got right out and he asked "do you want me to go with you honey"

"I'll be okay. I just have to grab a bag and I'll be back" I say smiling at him from the window.

"If you not back in 5, I'll come in for you" Billy says smiling.

"Thank you" I say smiling and I wink at him.

The long walk to the door felt excruciating. I wanted Billy to be with me but I felt like I had to stay strong. Then I realized, I wanted him. I stoped a bit from his car. I waved for him. He shut off the car and jogged to me.

"What's wrong?" He ask softly. He softly grips my biceps looking into my eyes.

"I can't do it alone" I say softly.

"Alright come on babe" he says he holds out a hand then catches himself and starts to pull back. I take his hand before he can fully pull away. He smiles and holds my hand. I follow him up to the stairs.

We knock. Almost instantly Timmy is at the door with his arm outreached with my bag.

"Can we talk when I get to Hawkins?" He pleads again.

"Maybe" I say.

He nods and says "drive safe" and we leave. Billy takes my bag and puts it in the trunk.

I sat down in the passenger seat. He climbed in the car. He started to buckle in and before my heart could tell my head no, I leaned over and grabbed his face and I kissed him. I kissed him like my life depended on it. "Baby" I whispered almost in tears. My forehead resting against his and my eyes closed. My hand rested on his stubbly cheek.

"What baby" he says back.

"Thank you so much" I say before kissing him again quickly.

"I would do anything for you" he says smiling at me. His eyes scanning mine. "I know I don't show it but you are the single most important person in my life"

"I know baby" I whisper our foreheads still together and my hand still on his cheek. My rubbed my thumb over his cheek. "I just wish I could be enough for you. I just wish I could make you want to stay"

"Hey" he snaps quickly. "I make these mistakes because I'm insecure they have nothing to do with you" he says quickly grabbing my face softly. "I am working on me baby. When I get my next chance I promise you I'll never need another" he quickly presses his lips to mine again. "I'm going to love you forever. I'm going to put a big old ring on that finger, buy you a big old house by your dads, and give you all the babies you want. And I'm gonna love the hell out of you baby!" A tear rolled down his face. "Because watching you with him this last month has made me realize that a life without you is a life I don't fucking want to live"

"Babe" I whisper. I won't lie, I was sobbing. He had told me all I needed to hear. Hearing him say this was already a step in the right direction. I could tell his priorities were straight. "I love you" I whisper.

"Really" he said smiling really big. "Do you mean it baby" he says. His smile was a mile wide.

"I do baby" I say nodding back. "I love you so much Billy"

"I love you Y/n Hopper" he whispers before kissing me again. This was the first time in months a kiss from Billy made me feel like my entire body was tingling. I felt the butterflies in my stomach spun and I felt weightless. From his gentle hands on either side of my face to the way he kissed me like he'd never see me again. I knew I was hooked. I knew it was always going to be him.