- 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

WAKING UP FOR HER VERY first morning in Hogwarts left Andrea McKinnon feeling beyond ecstatic. She was the very first in the entire building to wake, and eventually found herself in some trouble for being up and ready at four am, but she didn't really see the issue. However, despite being up early, Drea hadn't actually begun getting herself ready until five minutes after the first class started.

Fortunately, she wasn't alone, as Ron and Harry didn't wake up until she burst into their room without any warning, begging them to teach her how to tie a tie, which she still hadn't done, due to getting distracted for half an hour by those two also being late. In the end, the trio found themselves sprinting to their first class with breakfast hanging out their gobs.

When they burst into the classroom, they found it in an eerie silence. All heads were down on their work in deep focus, however their late arrival made a few turn. Andrea sighed in relief, finding no teacher around to catch them and smiled.

"Made it," Ron sighed. "Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face is we were late?"

Drea snickered. Then, she noticed a tabby cat sitting at the teacher's desk. "Oh no."

Of course, the cat transformed into their teacher and all three of their faces turned pale. Late to their very first class of the year. How fantastic.

Ron shook his head in astonishment as the professor walked towards them. "That was bloody brilliant," he said.

Andrea nodded. "Insane," she agreed.

Harry took the correct route in staying silent.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr Weasley and Miss McKinnon," the teacher said, although she didn't seem too pleased. "Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr Potter and yourselves into pocket watches. That way, one of you might be on time."

Harry blinked. "We got lost."

Drea furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "No, we didn't. We —" Ron had to slap his hand over her mouth, but she still didn't quite understand.

Professor McGonagall narrowed her eyes at the trio. "Then perhaps a map?" She suggested. "I trust you don't need one to find your seats."

With that, the three late first years strolled around the classroom to find a spare chair. Drea sat herself down beside Hermione, who shook her head. "You said you'd be five minutes," she whispered.

Drea shrugged. "I needed more sleep," she excused, which earned her another head shake. She leaned closer towards the girl. "What are we doing?" She asked, glancing at the writing on the board, which made no sense to her.

Hermione sighed and moved her arm, allowing Drea to read her work. "Thanks."

"Don't copy it word-for-word."

"I won't."

She did.

THE FIRST FEW LESSONS WENT well, and Andrea refused to allow her short-term embarrassment from the first class to ruin her mood. Her mind exploded with all this new information, and she loved it. Although, it was obvious from the beginning that she wasn't made to be the brightest student, but that was okay. She was enjoying her first official day at Hogwarts, and nothing was going to ruin that.

The only word to describe Professor Snape was scary. He strutted into the classroom and immediately started scolding them for no reason. The only students he was close-to-kind to were the Slytherin first years, which was surely biased of the man. And still, 'kind' was a stretch. The professor was brutal, in Drea's opinion.