1

It starts with a letter.

"Celine, there's a letter for you" Charlotte called out for her daughter as she walked back into the dining room with a letter sealed with red wax. She put it in front of the said daughter and went back to wash the dishes.

Curiously, Celine take the letter with an odd looking crest on its envelope. This is weird, I've never received a letter before. She carefully ripped the envelope open to reveal a paper with beautifully cursive writings that she's ever seen.

Dear Ms. Celine Laurent,

We're pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Her eyebrows creased as she stared at the sentence over again, trying to understand it.

"Celine? What's wrong, dear?" Her mother must've been noticing how she oddly stared at the letter now. She didn't say anything as she slide the letter across the table towards Charlotte.

Charlotte picked it up and read it carefully as her eyes slowly gone wide. Celine watched her expression carefully as her mother started to grip the letter a little bit harder than before.

"Oh my god..." Charlotte stared at her daughter with unreadable expression on her face as her hand got lowered and placed the letter on the table.

"What is it, mommy?" Innocently, Celine ask with the tone of curiosity. Charlotte sat down and looked at Celine seriously.

"There's something that I haven't tell you.." the mother bit down her lips as if she's hesitating to tell Celine a huge secret. The 11 years old girl remained quiet as she wait for her mum to take her time and tell her the secret.

"Your father is a wizard, Celine" Celine's little head cocked to the side as she stared at her mother again.

"And I'm actually.. a witch"  Charlotte said, her hands now folded neatly on the table but anyone can still see her body's trembling.

"Wizards.. and witch? ... They actually exist? Are you joking, mommy?" Bewildered. That's the only thing the little girl can say when her mother finally told her.

Her mother nodded slowly and she raised her hand to make a quick swish. Then, a wand appeared out of nowhere.

Now, Celine's really taken aback.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Celine finally ask after a long minute of silence.

"Well, I thought that it doesn't matter. After all, I wanted to conceal you from the Wizarding world.. I think, it's better for me to raise you in the muggle's world" her mother speak slowly as she tried her best to let her words out of her trembling lips.

"Muggle?"
"Non-magic folks"

"But why?" Curious, the little girl asked again and her mother was silent, choosing her words carefully before answering.

"... It's complicated... You'll understand it when you're older"
"And my father?"
"What's about him?"
"Where is he?"

"I can't tell you that, honey.." her mother said with a soft smile on her face. Reaching across the table, she holds Celine's little hand in her gentle ones.

"When the right time comes, then I will tell and you will get it" she says with her sweet smile on her face that never failed to calm down her daughter's nerves.

-

"Where are we supposed to get all of those?" Celine said as she read the list of her school's requirements again. Naturally, she's curious as she's never seen any stores in London selling the stuff on the list.

letters [d.malfoy]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें