𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣: 𝙘𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨

-☆-

-☆-

Silence plagued the cave once more and created tension filled with remorse. Poe was still pacing around the fire he had built. Ava wanted to say something to ease his mind. He may have lashed out at her earlier, and no matter how much she wanted to give payback, it wasn't in her nature.

Her mother's voice reminded her to always be the bigger person. To show kindness to everyone who deserved it.

Poe had turned his back to her and put a pause to his steps. He gripped his dark curls and let out a sigh.

"Poe?"

He looked over his shoulder to see Ava just behind him. He sent her a glare.

"You going to rub in that I shouldn't worry? At least you know where your brother is, BB-8 could be anywhere! He could have gotten lost. Stolen! Or worse have been torn apart-"

That last thought never finished as Poe refused to accept that as a reality.

Ava watched as he pinched the bridge of his nose as his back found the wall. He leaned his head back as he closed his eyes.

"Go ahead blondie, I'm all ears to hear what you got to say!" Poe let out before he slid down and sat. He leaned his head back on the wall and squeezed his eyes shut as if it would solve his problems. No words were coming to Ava's mind, having no clue how to mend his broken state.

To his surprise, Poe sensed her figure near him but did not expect to find her beside him. He peeped an eye open and saw her staring at him with a reasonable gap between their bodies.

"I'm not that kind of person, Poe." Ava responded in a soft and tender tone. It matched the sweet and peaceful expression she wore on his face.

Poe realized he hadn't replied to her comment yet and cleared his throat with a nod. "That's good to know."

"I'm sorry about BB-8. When we get out of here, I'll help you get him back." Ava promised with a comforting smile.

Poe stared at her, searching for any tease in her face. He couldn't find any evidence. It baffled him how she spoke so calmly and her voice was sweet as honey.

Poe let out a disbelieving chuckle, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" She questioned.

"Act so nice to me when I have been a-" He hesitated before he continued to admit his wrongs. "A jerk. I've been a jerk to you. So why are you trying to help me?"

That same silence made its haunting return and left Ava speechless. Her heart fluttered as he spoke softly to her.

His valid question required deep thought, yet it was impossible when two brown eyes were glued onto hers.