Chapter 2

Chapter 2

[Once again, the music has nothing to do with the story. Just me sharing some good music.]

My existence is both a sad and pathetic one for a number of reasons. At the moment I have been in demon slayers for a few months now and let me just say that being a kakushi sucked. Long story short it was a thankless job. Like a janitor, we clean up all the mess left behind, and does anyone say thank us? No.

At the moment I was helping my fellow kakushi aid some random group of demon slayers who barely managed to slay a demon who was terrorizing a village near the demon slayer corp.

'Man talk about bad luck. How do you choose a place so close to your opps?' I thought while bandaging a slayer's leg that got crushed by the demon he was fighting.

'Almost feel bad for the demon. He never stood a chance since if these demon slayers hadn't got him, a hashira would,' I continued in thought while grabbing another bandage and using it to wrap the slayer's body up completely, like a cocoon, before placing a paper on him that said, 'treatment done' on his body.

"Good job Che! At this rate we will be home before daybreak!" Nawa, a fellow kakushi said while giving me a thumbs up as we both started to cheer.

"Heck yeah!" I cheered as we celebrated.

"Hey you two. Don't get your hopes up. Apparently, there was another demon attack on some mountain, up north from here," Okudo said while walking past us, instantly killing the mood as usual.

"Aww man," we said together before getting back to work.

For the rest of the night, we ran around helping those in need, while also cleaning up any damages that was caused from the battle.

'Maybe I lucked out with being made into a kakushi,' I thought as I walked past a female demon slayer whose guts were nearly ripped from her body, while another had their arm missing.

It took a total of seven demon slayers to take down the demon, and nearly all of the were in critical condition. Luckily no one looks like they will die, unlike the countless of others in the mountain we were currently heading towards.

"What was this place called again?" I asked as we raced towards our second destination.

"To mount Natagumo. Apparently, there are a number of casualties that needs our help," Okudo told me as we ran nearly causing me to trip.

"I see," I said while thinking to myself.

'So, we are in the spider family arc huh. I wonder if Rui and his family dead already or if they are still fighting.'

As we race through the mountain, we came across a number of dead bodies, all of which belong to demon slayers of a variety of ranks.

Splitting up in hopes of covering more ground we all went our separate ways.

Heading further up north I was instantly greeted by the sounds of fighting.

'Wait, don't tell me some isekai bullshit is about to happen,' I thought as I moved closer and was shocked when I spotted the one and only Rui standing in front of a downed Tanjiro who was trying to shield Nezuko the best as he can.

I can tell it was the scene after Rui placed his head back on his body.

'Tomioka should be arriving soon, but I honestly don't want Rui to die like he did in the manga/anime,' I thought.

'What do I do? Maybe I should try talking to him?' Was my final thought before I took a deep breath and walked out.

"Who are you? Another person trying to ruin my family?" Rui asked as he gave me a cold look that almost had me second guessing myself.