Chapter 3

As I approached the area after dropping Rui off at my home, I instantly began to hear the sounds of the others talking.

"There's no need for a trial here! Protecting demons is clearly a violation of conduct! We can deal with it by ourselves! We'll decapitate every demon!" Rengoku's voice ranged out, making me even more glad over the fact I left Rui at home.

Slowly walking closer I continued to listen in case something changed.

"Then let me cut her head off flamboyantly. I'll show I can spray blood more flamboyantly than anyone else. It'll be a flamboyant flamboyance." Uzui commented while sparkles appeared all around him.

'I always thought that was a weird way to say you wanted to cut someone's head off,' I thought as I stopped moving once, I was by one of the trees in the back and quietly waited for the master to show up.

As I waited, I began to place my veil over my mouth. I had a habit of taking it off, all the time.

"Ahh... What a shobby child she is. How sorrowful. It's so sorrowful that she was born into this world," Himajima said as tears ran down his face as he added, "Let's kill her."

"Uh-huh!" Rengoku agreed with his signature smile, which was kind of unnerving at the moment.

"Yeah. Flamboyantly." Uzui agreed also with his usual sparkles.

Of course, as this all was going on Tanjiro like in the anime/manga wasn't taking this so well, which who could blame him? If it was my family up there being judge in a unfair way I would lose it too.

"More importantly. What're we gonna do about Tomioka?" Iguro asked while pointing towards the ever-awkward Tomioka, who was standing by himself.

"I have a headache seeing him not bound there. According to Kochou, Tomioka violated demon hunter conduct as well. How will we deal with him? Make him take responsibility? How are we going to make him suffer?"

'Man, that sounds could hearted dude,' I thought while being happy the aggressive male didn't bring up Rui.

As Shinobu answered him I couldn't help but get the feeling that someone was watching me. Looking around I was surprised when I made eye contact with the ever-smiling flame hashira Rengoku.

Not seeing any harm, I gave him a small wave since he wouldn't have been able to see my smile since my veil from my kakushi uniform was covering my mouth.

Now to say what happened next nearly gave me a heart attack is an understatement. Since instead of just waving back or giving me a nod like I thought he would, he actually started to walk towards me.

'Crap! What do I do? What do I do?' I questioned myself as he came closer and closer to me until he was standing right in front of me.

"Greetings, Che! It's a fine morning wouldn't you agree?" He asked with his usual loud voice that was kind of enduring.

"Hello mister Rengoku, and I wouldn't call this a fine morning," I replied while gesturing towards a pleading Tanjiro who was still trying to plead his case.

"Trye! It's not every day you end up having to execute a fellow demon slayer. Although, I am curious how it will all play out," Rengoku said while crossing his arms across his chest.

"Oh well, spoilers but master is going to ask that you accept him and his sister," I answered, not really bothering to withhold the information since it wouldn't affect the story... Not that I cared.

"I see. Well, I will have to decline his offer. I respect him with all my heart, but a demon can never be trusted!" Rengoku replied causing me to chuckle awkwardly.