Chapter 13: ~*And the Moon Comes Up*~

*NOT PROOFREAD*
~*//////////////////////*~

Vera had planned on going to the dance alone. Enid and Yoko had offered to walk in with her but she wanted them to enjoy their nights together with their dates, ushering them ahead. That was before Kent, who Vera forget even existed, walked up to her.

"I see you don't have a date." Kent smiled at her.

"What an astute observation" Vera spoke sarcastically.

"Well, we can always go in together." He smiled at her holding his arm out.

"No, Kent its fine. I'm fine." Vera shook her head.

"Look, just friends. No strings attached, plus I sort of don't wanna walk in alone and I can tell you don't want too either. It's pretty embarrassing." Kent admitted scratching the back of his head.

"Alright alright you have me convinced." Vera giggled, hooking her arm through his.

When they walked in Vera was surprised by how nice the decorations were. It was beautiful, and she was glad she ended up coming.

~*//////////////////////*~

It had been a few minutes since they'd arrived, and she stood with Yoko, Divinia, and Kent a drink in her hand, laughing and joking when Kent looked over to Vera.

"So, why didn't you have a date?" He questioned.

Vera made a face, sipping her drink before clearing her throat. "I could ask you the same thing."

"I have my reasons." Kent paused. "But don't change the subject, out of everyone here you are like, the last person I expected to not have a date."

"Well, I uh." Vera brought her drink up to her lips, muttering. "I wimped out."

"What was that?" Kent asked.

Vera looked to the other two before making eye contact with Kent. Clearing her throat again she lowering the glass from her face with a sigh.

"The person I wanted to ask was supposed to come with someone else, now they aren't coming at all. So technically not rejected, I just sort of..wimped out." Vera admitted, her face flushed a light red.

"Was it Wednesday?" Kent suddenly asked.

"What- How did you-" Vera stuttered over her words.

"I mean you two are together all the time, so I sort of put two and two together. Also Yoko might've let it slip earlier." He shrugged.

"Yoko!" Vera turned to the girl in disbelief.

"It was an accident!" Yoko held her hands up.

Vera rolled her eyes, a smile on her face. "Yeah it was Wednesday. She was going with Xavier and then suddenly she wasn't. Look its not important so let's not talk about it. I don't wanna spend the rest of the night thinking about her"

"Wait, Kent. Why didn't you have a date?" Yoko asked, leading the group into another conversation.

"Yeah Kenny, whats up with that?" Divinia teased.