Chapter 6 - Missions and Miracles Part 2

Chapter 6 – Missions and Miracles Part 2

Edric's POV

The mission to kill the Manticora turned out to be quite profitable, I got a lot of money, mainly gold coins, this added to all the rewards I got from completing the previous missions, let's say that money is no longer an issue.

I am currently ranked A, a platinum plaque was hanging around my neck, but at the moment there is no mission that makes me quickly rise in Rank, so I have only been doing missions of Rank C and B, the process is slow, but maybe I can make it to Rank S.

"Why are you so serious?" Missa asked me from across the counter.

Oh! It seems that I was lost in thought, I'm in the Missa tavern, I decided to rest a little, I've been doing mission after mission.

"Nothing, just thinking." I replied to Missa as I took a sip of my drink.

"Do you mind telling me what those thoughts are?" Missa asked as she leaned across the counter and smiled at me.

"Just thinking how beautiful your eyes are."

Missa's face then turned red and she looked away "Oh! Thanks."

"Thanks for what? I said nothing." I asked confused.

"You dummy, don't play with maidens' hearts like that." Missa said as she touched the tip of my helm.

"Serious? So why don't you tell me what you want me to do? Want me to compliment your beautiful hair? Your wonderful smile? Or do you prefer something more physical?"

Missa's face turned even redder, she looked from left to right "Not here, I'm on my work schedule."

What does she mean by that? I said nothing.

"Could you bring me another drink?" I said as I held out my mug to Missa.

"Of course! I will be right back!" Missa stammered as she went to fill my mug.

Weird.

"HAHAHA!"

"HAHA HA!" Eupherbia chuckled from inside Edric's pouch.

"Humans, it's so easy to manipulate their feelings! Let's see if I can find something to entertain me." Eupherbia said as she poked her head out of Edric's pouch and looked around.

The tavern was in its usual condition, people drinking, eating, talking and gambling, until Eupherbia saw something that had the potential to generate an interesting situation.

There were two circular tables; one next to the other, there was a man sitting at each table, their chairs so that one was back to the other.

"Hm! Let's see what I can do." Quickly Eupherbia slipped out of Edric's pouch and flew up before anyone saw her.

Eupherbia flew until she reached the rafter that was between the wooden beams that supported the tavern; Eupherbia stepped on the rafter and began to walk until she was above the tables where the two men were.

"Time to start." Eupherbia said as she pointed a finger at the back of one of the men's head, magic formed on Eupherbia's fingertip, soon a small beam of magic shot out from her fingertip and hit the back of Eupherbia's head. One of the men, the force of the magic beam being equivalent to a strong slap to the back of the head.

"OUCH!" The man at the table on the right screamed as his head was thrown forward, his scream drew the attention of the people around him.

"What the hell was that idea?!" The man demanded of the second man who was at the table next to him as he rubbed the back of his head.