𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐕𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐋'𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐊 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓
- 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴𝘰𝘯 -
𝐂𝐇𝐈 ● 𝐈𝐋 | 𝟷:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼

"BENNETT! IT'S HOME TIME!" A slim white guard yelled.

Already in front of his cell door, Von leaned on the cold bars, waiting to be let out. After three long years, Dayvon was being released from Cook County Jail.

At the age of nineteen Von was arrested on suspicion of murder, first-degree and two attempted, after a shooting that occurred at a block party.

The case was taken to trial and three tiring years later, Von had been acquitted on the grounds of lack of evidence.

And, here he was.

"You be good out there, hear?" His cellmate, Reggie warned. "Ion wanna see you walk back through this door."

"Only time I'ma come back is ta see you." Von gave the elderly man a smile. "Take care ah yoself, big folks."

For the last year and a half, Von had been bunking with the 68-year-old. At first, the two bumped heads, but as soon as Reggie saw a bit of himself in Von, he treated the boy like his own.

As ready as Von was to leave, he'd miss the elder.

Von felt like nobody cared for Reggie as much as he did, and made a promise to himself that he'd visit as much as he could.

"Don't worry about my old ass." Reggie waved him off. "All that need to be on yo mind is livin'. Don't take yo life for granted, boa. Love and let people love you."

"I will, Pops."

Feeling his heart swell, Von gave the man a quick but warm hug before leaving the cell. Going through processing, Von changed into the Nike tracksuit he was booked in and took the plastic bag with his belongings in it.

Not speaking to any of the officers or workers, Von practically ran out of the jail, hating every last one of them.

Staring at the empty parking lot, Dayvon mugged and immediately started rummaging through his things.

Before he could power up his phone and call anybody, a black Suburban came speeding towards him. The windows were down, What These Bitches Want by DMX blasting through the lot.

"YOU NIGGAS CAN EAT OFF DA PLATE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NOT D!" Booka rapped, hanging out of the window as they pulled in.

Putting the car in park, all of the men jumped out and attacked Von with hugs before he could fight back.

"Yo, bitch." DQ grinned, patting the boy's back.

Returning all of the greetings, Von gave his last hug to Muwop who squeezed the elder, swaying them both side to side. "Missed yo hoe ass."

Von loved and valued his friends equally, but Muwop? The two shared a relationship stronger than the rest. Their mothers went to school together, so the two considered each other cousins and were joined at the hip.

"Missed you too, pussy." Von beamed. "A nigga ain't felt this much life all my life. I'ma get locked up again ta see if y'all luh me foreal."