Chapter 1

Vayora's life consists of killing. Much killing. As an assassin she has seen much blood in her life. Just now she had another successful day full of bloodshed. After hiding the fear induced bodies, Vayora had decided to take a stroll along the more secluded downtown part of the city. Rivers dashed along the sides of the trail she walked on, and seaweed covered the walls. Akua sure was a beautiful city. Sometimes she wished the world would be at peace, but at the same time she didn't care.

Whispers filled the area, and people looked at each other strangely. Vayora wondered if she had blood on her face, but she realized they weren't looking at her, they were looking at a poster. She slid through the crowd and stared at the poster that caught the attention of so many.

'A war has been unleashed among our empires. If you wish to serve your country right, join our troupes. Looking for anyone in good condition with a brave spirit. The first training commences tomorrow, Wednesday at the very start of our afternoon.'

It was very straightforward, but Kendra the water ruler was already very confrontational, and got to the point quickly.

It finally hit Vayora that there was a war. But why? What quarrel did their immature rulers get into to start a war? She sighed and went back to her stroll, trying to ignore the posters and guard's arounds. She had to blend in, but she didn't have to care for things like war.

As she walked, she could feel eyes following her. She looked around swiftly and saw a girl around 14 looking at her creepily from an alleyway. The girl looked like she came from Elio, the fire empire. Vayora wondered why such a young girl would travel so far without anyone taking care of her.

She knew not many people posed a threat to her, so she just ignored the girl. She would probably be caught by guards and sent away back to her own empire anyway.

She fast-walked past her, and the girl just stood there for a second, and started following her. Vayora frowned harder and walked faster, kind of jogging at that point. The girl tugged on her cloak like Vayora was her guardian and she was a 7-year-old girl. 

She would rather not harm the young, but she didn't have much of a choice if this girl didn't stop following her.  

The girl started muttering something, and Vayora had to only focus on the girl to hear her talking.

"Could you... follow me?" The girl asked in a weak voice. Vayora turn into another dark alleyway and reached for her katana, which she hid in her cloak beforehand. 

She pulled out the katana and threatened the girl. She shrieked, but it was so faint she knew no one could hear her. Even so, she put her hand over the girl's mouth, and stared at the girl menacingly.

"Why are you stalking me?" Vayora questioned. She took her hand off the girl's mouth and the girl gasped for air. 

"I'm not," she answered.

"Yes, what you are doing right now is stalking."

"I'm sorree?" The girl's voice cracked as she spoke.

"Okay sure, but why were your following me then?"

"I want you too... follow me."

Vayora's head turned, and her ears perked up in confusion.

"Where?" Vayora asked, still wondering why the girl was interacting with her.

"Ciar."

"The dark empire?"

"Yes."

"But why?"

"I can't tell you just yet, but you will know eventually."

Now usually Vayora was just leave, but she was off until her boss assigned a new job for her, which might take a while since they have to deal with all this war stuff and all the random requests. Plus, she can just kill the girl whenever she wants. Another plus, she felt adventurous. 

"Sure," Vayora responded. "My name Is Vayora, by the way."

The girl smiled.

"Great," she said. "Mine is Chikra."

And with that they got on the next boat to Ciar, which was surprisingly big, and they were off. Vayora was now on an unknown adventure, for the most random reason ever.

She was not proud of herself.

Songs of our endजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें