Chapter 3

Chikra was the first one to speak after the boat incident. She looked up at the others and smiled faintly.

"I think I'm going to leave now," she said. "Maybe we will... meet again?"

Vayora was confused on why the 14-year-old child was leaving the adults in an unknown place, but she wasn't really her guardian, so she didn't really care. Soojin was also confused but must have thought the same thing as Vayora because she just shrugged it off.

"We will see you some other time!" Soojin called out to Chikra as she left, waving. Chikra waved back and then she disappeared. 

Soojin and Vayora looked at each other, and then looked back at the city. The whole city was filled with dark brick, and the sky was almost completely black as well. It was kind of like a haunted house in a movie, but it was a whole city instead of a house.

"We should split up and explore," Vayora says. "We will meet back here."

Soojin nodded, it looked like she was eyeing a blood cafe. The vampire queen lived in Ciar in the Vampire hotel, so there were many blood cafes around. She ran off to the cafe, leaving Vayora alone.

Vayora chose a pathway and decided to explore the places around that pathway. She ran off herself, leaving the boat and the person she murdered.

                                                                                   *    *    *

Lightning striked down as it started to rain. Vayora once saw in a book that it rained a decent amount here. She also saw in the book that despite its old ghosts and cities, Ciar is one of the most futuristic places in Elclines.

Vayora stopped in her tracks, as she had finally found a place to stay. The Vampire hotel. She knew it was risky, but she also knew that Soojin was obsessed with the Vampire queen and would love to go there. Vayora would just have to put on a disguise and hope no one noticed.

She immediately ran back to their meeting spot and got on a human disguise. She waited for a while until Soojin finally came out of the blood cafe with a blood packet. She looked very happy.

Soojin spotted Vayora and ran to her, blood packet in hand. Vayora was surprised she knew who she was with the disguise, but then realized that Soojin could have recognized her face.

"Hey Vayora!" Soojin yelled.

"Hello Soojin," Vayora replied. "I found us a place to stay at."

Soojin stopped. 

"Where?"

"The Vampire hotel."

Soojin grinned and took Vayora's hand. 

"Let's go then!"

Vayora went in front of her and started running towards the Vampire hotel, once they reached it Soojin had to take a moment to admire the building.

Vayora tugged at Soojin's hand, and they went in. The vampire at the front desk asked for money, and then gave them their room key.

As soon as they got their room key Soojin immediately ran towards the hall and found their room. Soojin snatched the room key from Vayora and unlocked their room, only to find a room full of torture weapons and beds. 

"Are you sure this is our room?" Soojin asked. Vayora nodded. 

"It says so on the key."

Soojin's smiled faded, but they went in anyway. They didn't really have much besides a backpack that they placed on the floor. They found some blankets that had some mysterious red stains, but they ignored that. They placed down the blankets and got ready for bed, when they heard struggling from the handle, and then a knock on the door.

"Go check that knocking," Vayora said. Soojin frowned harder and nodded, heading towards the door. 

She unlocked it and there stood a very short handsome man looking at her. Vayora ran to the door herself and as soon as the man saw her, he grinned.

"I'm very sorry that I interrupted a couple on their break from work, my apologies," he said in a weird voice. 

"We are not a couple," Vayora corrected him. 

"Sure."

"Who are you?"

"Piran."

Vayora and Soojin took a step back. He was Piran, one of the dark rulers?