From NYC to LA

Who would have ever thought that life is just a game and I am just a pawn in someone else's?
That's what I thought after that night. But my story doesn't start quite here. Let's go back 7 months ago, when I was just a normal 16 year old teenager, for the 21st century...

For most people going back to high school is kind of nice; being all day with their friends, sigh up at schools clubs, game days; but for me, it's a living hell.

My Dad was a famous soccer player back at his times but now he is just a school coach. My new school's coach! Because of his job every year we move around a lot; and that means, forgotten friendships and endings of relationships, even causing my parents divorce. So, after a lot of hurting I began not getting close to people  anymore, since 300 days later I won't see them again.

Now we moved to California. I am  so going to miss a four season weather. Hello Summer!

"Dad! I hate moving to a new school every year! I don't want to go! You know that I will hate my first day, as everyone is going to be asking me awkward questions and introducing me as the new girl. I don't want to be the NEW GIRL again!" I said while sliding down our new house's stair handrail, going to the kitchen to find my father drinking coffee and reading the news paper as always, while pouring myself milk in my cornflakes.
"Amelie, I know that is not easy, and I promised that the last school would be the final, but this one is offering me much more money, and now that your mom left we need it" he said to me trying to calm me down "Do you want me to take you by car?"
"No I'll walk. Believe me last thing I need right now is people knowing that I'm not only the new girl, but also the new coach's daughter" and grabbed my bag while slapping the door on my way out.

Walking to the school I notice that people are really happy, it's been a week since we moved here and I didn't see a single person that didn't smile. Back in New York things were so different. But there are some things I might like about these place. I can finally learn how to surf and read at the beach like in the movies, I'm sure that the volleyball teams will be more competitive and with this happy I might even make a friend!Maybe it's not that bad after all.