Chapter Fifty Four

The main hall was in a silence. The white sandalwood inside the incense burner lingered, fine and continuous white vapour rose.

You want to become my daughter.....

Hearing these words, Jiang Ningbao's smile stiffened and astonishment flashed across her delicate and beautiful face. It was as if she was splashed with a basin of cold water, cold from head to toe.

This unenlightened wood head.

No, saying he's a wooden head was praising him too high. In Jiang Ningbao's eyes, Duke Ding was a piece of rotten tree, a hopeless case.

She was already this obvious, even deliberately gave Duke Ding flirty eyes. Could it be that her flirting skills were too poor?

Jiang Ningbao contemplated in her heart seriously.

The difference between theory and reality was like a natural moat.

In the future, she must be more diligent around Duke Ding. She must enlighten this piece of rotten wood!

The more Jiang Ningbao was defeated, the more she was brave.

Becoming the daughter.....was non-existent! Her objective was to be his wife!

After getting married to him.....Hmph! Hmph!

Old Madam Xie who was imagining the days of her son and Jiang family's little lady after marriage choked and the hand that held the teacup trembled as the tea water in the teacup splashed a few drops out.

She stared at her tall and handsome son. Her son who made her proud had never let her be this vexed.

"Cough, cough. A'Heng, actually, there is another way for us to be a family."

Like being your wife.

Old Madam Xie specially glanced at the calm and confident Jiang family's little lady as she reminded her.

Her son was too much of a wooden head, she who was his mother had to squeeze ideas out of her mind.

Duke Ding Xie Heng knitted his brows, his gaze fell on the little lady's white and clean little face. The spot between his brows twisted a little and his voice carried confusion, "Is being Duke Ding Residence's oldest miss not good?"

Old servant Huang was speechless and her mouth twitched. She suddenly pitied Jiang family's little miss. How determined was Sir Duke to make Jiang fourth miss to be his daughter?

Jiang Ningbao went silent for a moment. She remembered that Duke Ding rarely went into the capital, always staying in the large barracks in Western Suburbs. She and Heir Xie's engagement annulment and her declaration of getting married to Duke Ding was only a few days ago.

Her heart suddenly had an inconceivable guess. Her pair of beautiful eyes stared at Duke Ding's handsome face and her mouth curved into a sly smile.

"Sir Duke, have you heard of the rumors that are currently wild in the capital?"

Duke Ding looked at the little lady in bewilderment for suddenly mentioning this, but his hard and cold face softened. He shook his head and said, "Never heard of it."

Now, both Old Madam Xie and Jiang Ningbao released a breath, but they were all speechless.

Doing this and that for half a day, the main character actually did not know of this.

"Cough, cough. A'Heng, the rumors that are currently wild in the capital have a big relation to you." Old Madam Xie sipped her tea to suppress the shock. She said this with her eyes filled with slyness.

Duke Ding Xie Heng became stiff after being stared at by his mother. His lips were pursed into a line and her brows were colder by a few degrees, "What relation?"

"Old madam, it is better if I'm the one who tells this part." Jiang Ningbao's eyes were shining as she spoke warmly. A beautiful and moving smile appeared on her delicate white face.

Old Madam Xie smiled as she glanced at her wooden head son. She nodded with a tacit understanding, "Yes, it is suitable that Ningbao girl speaks of it."

Duke Ding Xie Heng's heart had a trace of subtle feelings.