Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Six

Once a low-key carriage arrived in front of the gates of Duke Ding Residence, it stopped.

Jiang Ningbao saw the tall and straight figure once she went down the carriage. A trace of delight flashed through her eyes and her lips curved into a beautiful smile.

Chun Xi and Chun Le stood on their spot sensibly.

"Sir duke, did you intentionally wait here for me?"

Jiang Ningbao stepped forward and delightfully hugged his arm.

Perhaps it was because the marriage date was getting near, lately, Jiang Ningbao liked to wear red clothes. Everytime, she would wear a red dress.

Today, Jiang Ningbao wore a red silk skirt and her brows carried laughter. Her eyes were bright and moving, as if a bright pearl, resplendent and enchanting.

"Yes." A trace of softness flashed through Duke Ding's eyes. They had not met for a few days and he missed her.

"Ningbao, the matter you asked, I've confirmed. Your uncle and the others are indeed on the waterway to the capital. They will arrive in around two days."

Jiang Ningbao's face revealed her pleasant surprise.

"That's great. I will send someone to clean up the courtyard, one stand and three sections so uncle and the others can stay there."

Duke Ding nodded.

"Sir duke, I heard that the wedding dress is done. I can't wait to see how beautiful it is, let us quickly come in." After being happy, Jiang Ningbao had anticipation in her eyes and she hugged Duke Ding's arm and walked fast forward.

Getting married for the first time in two lifetimes, Jiang Ningbao placed quite the importance on this.

A smile appeared in Duke Ding Xie Heng's eyes and his steps were steady as he walked shoulder to shoulder with Jiang Ningbao toward Thriving Joy Hall.

On the road, they met Xie Jingyi who was wearing official clothes and a sword on his waist.

Xie Jingyi was the commander of five cities' military force. It seemed that he was about to go to work.

"Father, Jiang fourth miss." After Xie Jingyi saw the two of them, his steps halted and he greeted them from afar.

Duke Ding nodded without any expression and Jiang Ningbao smiled at him.

The male lead was still tall and handsome with a cool vibe, but he seemed more mature than before. Perhaps because he was about to get married, he had a sense of responsibility.

Jiang Ningbao praised Xie Jingyi a bit. This person actually let the people around him call him differently. Now, the whole duke residence called him 'young master' and no longer called him 'heir'.

Meeting Xie Jingyi was only a small interlude. Jiang Ningbao hugged Duke Ding's arm as they continued going to Thriving Joy Hall. On the road, they met a few servants and they all had delight on their faces.

Butler Zhao looked at the two figures with a face full of gratification. Once he thought that a few days later, the duke residence would welcome it's female master, Butler Zhao was filled with drive.

Duke Ding Residence, Thriving Joy Hall.

Having happy things happening lately, Old Madam Xie's face was full of smiles as she sat on the red sandalwood fret wooden chair. Her eyes kept on looking at the two clothes boxes and she could not hold in her smile.

Embroider Zhang and her four attendants sat and drank tea as they waited.

Once Jiang Ningbao and Duke Ding came in, the intimate air between them made Old Madam Xie's eyes lit up and immediately called Jiang Ningbao over.

"Ningbao girl, come to my side."

The past few days, the two old servants reported the progress of Lady Jiang and knowing that the little lady progressed fast and she learned the etiquette and rules fast, Old Madam Xie felt incomparably proud.

This was her daughter-in-law.

Her daughter-in-law was skilled and Old Madam Xie felt proud. When the little lady married over, she could hand over the whole Duke residence for her to manage.

Jiang Ningbao released Duke Ding's arm and strode with small steps to walk to the side of Old Madam Xie. She smiled as she leaned close to the old madam. "Old madam, I miss you very much."