Chapter 1 - Getting a Ride

NOTE: CHAPTERS WILL BE IN FIRST PERSON NOW!!

.

-

.

"So, how do we even get to Terra Lunae?"

I glanced back at Renatus, who was quickly following, trying to match my striding pace.

Renatus, the girl I saved from a dark god created by Celestia. Giving her a name and a purpose, she's now joining me in my quest to go to my nation.

I took her arm and tugged her gently forward, making her stumble and hood fall further into her face. We weaved through the crowds of Liyue, trying to blend in with rush hour.

"Mm... I'm not entirely sure yet," I admitted. "Terra Lunae isn't exactly a 'go 1000m, take a right and a left then you're at the front door.' I can't even see ANY mountain ranges where we are, so it's far, like Inazuma."

We broke through the end of the crowd, arriving at a wooden dock. I let her go and reached a hand up, massaging my head, trying to think.

"We can't take ship, because that one merchant we spoke to said all channels to Terra Lunae are closed until the fog clears," I recounted, the conversation between the fish merchant appearing in my mind. "The mountains are in the middle of the ocean, surrounding by a few islands, and the closest we could get to it would be going to Inazuma."

I sighed, glancing at the line of ships docked at the pier. There's no easy way to go directly to the nation, so going to Inazuma is the best choice, then either going by boat, or finding another way.

Inazuma's a day or two's journey, so we have to pick a safe boat to go by, no sketchy shit. Or... we could just sneak on. I pulled my hood up and grabbed Rena again, pulling her back into the crowd.

Ok, you've done this before. Just focus...

A familiar cold feeling enveloped our bodies, as we disappeared from sight. In reality, I was knitting together an illusion of an empty area where we were standing. We stayed along the edge of the crowd as I eyed any ships that were loading.

Finally I spotted a pretty average seaman barking orders at his crew, and I caught a mention of Inazuma. We quickly scurried onto the ship, silently climbing the steps, then ducking beneath deck.

------------------

I pressed a finger to my lips as Rena woke up from her sleep, gently but firmly pulling her to her feet. This ship was decently fast, getting us there in a day. Carefully, I brought her on deck, and we crouched behind a few barrels as Narukami Island came into view. My jaw dropped at the sheer beauty of the island, the mix of colors simply breathtaking.

We quickly dropped to the wooden docks right as the boat stopped, brisk steps bringing us to the gate of Ritou. We walked straight in, past the border checkpoint registration, and into the square. I ducked behind a building, waving a hand towards us. Light was sucked into my palm, then disappeared, the illusion removed.

"Ok, here's the plan," I said, whirling around to face Rena. "I'm going to walk around and ask if anyone knows any way to Terra Lunae. You can either stay here, and I'll cover you, or you can head to the main city to get some supplies that you want."

Rena's eyes widened as I dropped a pouch full of Mora into her hands. "I can... shop?"

I beamed. "I think you need to get out into the world a bit, and shopping is exactly that. Buy some food, weapons, clothes, whatever you need. Don't worry about running out," I winked at the last statement.

Out of thin air, I created a white ribbon, tying it around her wrist comfortably. "When you're done, unravel the ribbon and drop it to the ground, and I'll get the message and come get you."