I promise

TW: mentions of rape, SA, blood, bruising, drugs

Charlie

   I wake up to a cold chill running down my back. I feel a dampness beneath my feet as I begin to stand up. Sharp blades of frozen grass weave their way around my feet. Where am I? It's cold, dark and raining. I searing pain shoots through my head as I cup it tightly. Slowly pulling my hand away I reveal a thick layer of blood and dirt has trickled its way down my fingers. What's going on?
"Nick!" I call out weakly; my voice hoarse
No answer.
"Nick!" I yell a little louder before my voice breaks.
No response
I take a few steps forward glancing at the floor. I'm down cracker. I recognise the path. Why am I down cracker ? I never go down cracker it's a shit tip. Well at least I think I'm in cracker my eyes keep flickering in and out of focus.
      The last thing I remember was going to a party with nick. It was Harry's 24th birthday. We all had gone round to this huge place he had rented out to get pissed up. I had stuck to nick like glue tonight as I literally didn't know anybody else their. I only left to get a drink i think but after that the rest of the night is a blur....

"Nick c'mon you're not funny I'm cold and I want to go home '' Surely this is a joke right? Him and harry probably think it's funny or somthing. He can be a dickhead when he is with Harry. Its like he is suddenly 15 again and finds "your mom" jokes funny. But, I mean, I don't think he would joke about this. Would he ?

I walk for a while, my feet freezing and the ice coated grass. My vision was still very blurry, but not a drunk blurry, I've never experienced this before but I don't think I like it. My fingers are numb with the cold. I know I wore a jacket but I must've lost it. After walking for about 10mins I call nicks name again
"Nick!" I sigh, exasperated
"CHARLIE" I hear a blood curdling yell from a short while away.
That's nicks voice
"CHARLIE" he mutters something else but all noise is blocked out by a sudden dizzy spell
      All of a sudden the pain in my body leaves me and I am just sprinting. I don't know how far or how long for but I hear his distressed cries in the distance. I reach a clearing.
"NICK!" I bellow tears edging their way out of my eyes "NICK WHERE ARE YOU"
"CHARLIE!" My head turns towards a light and I see Nick standing their bruised. He has a cut in his left cheek that is pissing blood and a black eye. His lip is all swollen and his hair is a mess. He has boot scuff marks all across his face like he had been kicked with a muddy shoe. You can hear the distress in his voice, he sounds like he has been yelling for ages.
"Oh my god Nick what happened, are you okay?!" I rush over to him but he suddenly starts yelling at me
"NO CHARLIE LEAVE NOW"
"No I'm not going without you, what's going on?!" My face is damp with tears all of a sudden I feel a hand grab my shoulder
"Hello Charlie spring" I know that voice. "I would say fancy seeing you here but I did drug you and bring you here so it makes sense"
"Ben, please" I plead still not turning around. My vision has started to go cloudy again. I'm fading in and out of consciousness
"Now I can finally finish what I started all those years ago and guess what your little faggy boyfriend is here to watch" he shoves me onto the cold, hard ground.
"Please Ben, please" all I can do is cry and beg my body wont let me move. It's like I'm paralysed.
"CHARLIE!" i here nicks voice Yelp
"CHARLIE!" He cry's again as I lie their helpless
"CHARLIE!" My eyes snap open and Nick has his hands on my shoulders.
"Charlie, are you okay?" He stares down at me.
I feel sweat pilling  on my brow yet somehow I'm cold. I can't breathe and my hands are shaking. All I can do is bring a hand up to my mouth and sob.
"Hey hey hey hey it's okay i've got you" nick cradles me in his arms. I sob until I can't breathe. After about 30 mins of just me sobbing I finally calm down
"Hey are you okay now" he looks at me lovingly
I nod my head my lips still trembling still trembling
"What happened I just woke up to you lay their with your eyes cello-taped shut and you were shaking and crying"
"I-I-I don't know. You were their and and and Ben he drugged me and raped me and you couldn't help me and I couldn't move but Ben was their and he got to you and I promised myself I would never let him get to you but I was lying their on the floor and he raped me nick-" and I'm crying again
"Hey you're okay i've got you love" he gives me a soft smile. Not in a mocking way in a comforting way.
"I'm sorry" I say
"No your not you have literally nothing to apologise for"
"But it's 3am and your having to comfort me like I'm a baby"
"No im not I'm having to comfort you because you had a dream that someone raped you. I don't think that happens to baby's very often" I let out a small laugh. I allow my breathing to steady before trying to go back to sleep. Nick firmly wraps his arms round my body but hesitated for a split second
"Are you okay with this?" He asks
"Yes nick it was just a dream" I sigh "please never let me go"
"Charlie I promise you I will never let you go"

1024 words