Prologue: Memento Mori

Hello everyone, both new and old readers.

I am ZXEmperor, formerly known as LordXG3, and I welcome you to my newest side project, which was born after seeing one of the most boring shows I have ever seen. That and my best friend's challenge to write a fanfic with improvements to the story.

Mind you; I'm not an Isekai hater. I usually find something to enjoy about even some relatively bland shows (with a few minor exceptions), and IAWWMS is one of them. Honestly, my biggest issue with the series is the main character, Touya, who, dear lord, is honestly one of the most boring protagonists I have ever seen. Anyways, this project is to put my money where my mouth is and see if I could, in fact, write a better character than Touya and, in large, make a more relatable and engaging story.

Now, I need to set a couple of things for context.

The character Alexander Springfield was a minor OC I created for the My Hero Academia Story I've been writing since 2018. He was a very minor character that became very popular for some goddamn reason.

(Ironically, several of my OCs for that story has been praised for their use. Especially without crashing on the spotlight for the canon characters and making their powers reasonable with additional lore and world-building.)

Now there are two versions of this story.

The first version was simply known as The Fafnir Knight, which started in September of 2018.

The second version, My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight, started about seven months later after gaining some experience writing and restarted the story with a refreshed direction.

In the original version, Alex was set to die during the events of the USJ.

(If you're not familiar with MHA, that's okay. It's not too important for this story. The only essential part to know is that it was a training day that got party crashed by a bunch of supervillains)

However, with the Untold version, I had decided to spare Alex. (Not because of his popularity, but because it would have impacted the story in a tonal direction that I was unhappy with) However, I still decided to write out the character as was always my intention.

Now, what does this have to do with this story?

Welp, this story is basically what would have happened to Alex if I had gone through with my original plans and killed him off. The twist here is that he would take Touya's place for the series. Yet, for readers familiar with my works, you know I love doing twists and turns on the story to keep it fresh for fans.

This will be no different.

Do not rely on canon and expect more than a handful of hopefully enjoyable twists from the original. Finally, I will be aging up most of the girls. Alex is/was 18(when he died in this version of events), and I take issue with even thinking of paring him up with most of the ladies of this series at their canon ages.

On that note, I might switch up a few girls from the series and transplant characters from other anime to come along for the ride. (And you may suggest girls to be introduced.) I usually don't like harems, but given a lot of bullshit, I put Alex through and will continue to put him through in my mainline series.

This was my way of cutting the guy some slack.

(But he's still going to work for it in this story)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Another World With My Smartphone: The Lost Hero

Prologue: Memento Mori