18

Faster, I think to myself as I push my legs forwards; I wake up breathing heavily. I don't know what that dream was trying to tell me, but whatever it was, it didn't seem like it was anything good.

Getting out of bed, I throw on the most comfortable clothing I can find and make sure my backpack is ready to go. Knowing everything is in order, I head out to the kitchen and notice bacon and eggs and a coffee waiting for me.
"Thank you", I smile at Hannah before quickly scoffing down my food.
"You ready?" Hannah questions taking my now empty plate and cup up to the sink to wash them.
"As I will ever be", I smile before grabbing my backpack.
"I will try and be home before nightfall", I smile before quickly leaving out the front door. I quickly strip off, shoving my clothing into my backpack before shifting into my wolf form.

I grab the backpack in my mouth and take off running; I push my legs are fast as they will go sprinting to the palace, trying to be as quick as possible.

I notice the palace border up ahead and quickly come to a halt changing back into human form and putting my clothes back on. I quietly walk up to the guard on duty.
"I'm here to see my mother, the queen", I state calmly.
"Go on", he responds after a few minutes, probably making sure it is okay with my mum that I go in.

I walk as calmly as I can towards the palace letting myself inside and heading straight up to the office where I know she will be waiting for me. I grip my backpack tightly to my chest as I quickly knock on the office door.
"Come in", my mothers' voice calmly responds, making me open the door and smile politely at my mother.
"I have the rose for you; a shapeshifter stole it", I state, quickly pulling it out of my backpack.
"A shapeshifter, really?" She questions in surprise it's scarce for a shapeshifter to be in these parts.
"Yes", I respond, not knowing what else to say.
"Well, thank you for returning it", my mother smiles, making me nod my head and turn to leave when she quickly stops me.
"Aspen darling, will you stay for a bit?" She questions
"No, but I do want to know something, I saw dad, and he's working with a witch, but he said Hannah and I are souls tied", I state, hoping she will understand where I am going with this conversation.
"I see; you're wondering what he meant by that?" She questions but doesn't let me respond.
"I had the same suspicions about Hannah and yourself, and I must say it makes sense. A soul tie is very rare but not impossible. It's when two beings connect and get along so well that they can't be apart from one another, kind of like mating, but there's nothing you can do about this situation except accept it; your soul splits off and attaches to the others half of there soul wrapping around tight" she smiles I nod my head understanding what she's saying.
"Thank you for explaining that to me, mum" I smile before quickly leaving her office and heading back home to Hannah.

I need to work out why my father is working with a witch, but for now, I will leave it and wait until the time is right for me to know the answer to that.