Announcement pt. 2

As the other grandparent, Sheriff Galpin probably should have been the next person to find out about Wednesday's pregnancy. But the Sheriff was too busy to meet up with them, apparently, so Ajax and Enid got to be next.

They had decided to not-so-subtly drop some hints by having Wednesday working on making baby clothes when Ajax and Enid were visiting and seeing how long it took for them to catch on. Wednesday already had some ideas for baby clothes- unisex, of course, since their little devil hadn't been cooperative at the scan- and she couldn't wait to get started.

They only had four months, after all, and their devil would grow quickly. That meant that their baby would probably outgrow a lot of stuff within a couple months.

...well, unless Wednesday could figure out how to make expanding baby clothes. She had already started making a folder on her computer of ideas on how she might be able to make adjustable baby clothing that would take their baby longer to outgrow.

As far as she could tell, extra snaps was probably the way to go. Snaps and elastic and Velcro.

"Ajax and Enid are here!"

Wednesday looked up from where she was working on a sleeveless baby jumpsuit, pinning black piping to the gothic-poka dotted outfit. "Alright! I'm excited to tell them," she added. "They've been talking about having kids too, haven't they?"

"Yeah, I think so!"

Tyler pressed the button to let Ajax and Enid in the downstairs door, and Wednesday went back to work. Once she got the outfit done, she wanted to do one in Addams family signature colors, with a kitty face on the front. Tyler had suggested that she do one that looked like Masha's face, since the older cat seemed so attached to her ever since she got pregnant.

There was probably going to be a shirt that said "I'm Kitty's Favorite" at some point, if Masha had the same attitude once their baby was born.

It didn't take long for Ajax and Enid to get upstairs. Enid was first through the door, grinning widely.

"I smell cookies!" she sang. "And boy oh boy, could I go for a cookie!"

"Well, I made plenty," Wednesday said with a hint of a smile, pinning the last bit of piping in place and turning to greet her friends. "Your favorites, too."

"Oh, goodie!"

"We do come over for more than the treats," Ajax assured them as he came in the door. "I swear. Enid's just really enthusiastic about sugar at the moment- wait, is that a baby outfit that you're making?"

....well. That hadn't taken long at all. Wednesday hadn't thought that Ajax was that observant about those sorts of things, but he did surprise her sometimes.

"Wait, how did you kn-? I don't already look pregnant, do I?" Enid asked, sounding startled, and Wednesday blinked in surprise as she looked over at her friend. "Ajax, you said that I wasn't showing yet!"

"What?"

Enid looked even more confused by Wednesday's confusion. "Wait, what?" Then she gasped. "Oh my god-"

"YOU'RE PREGNANT, TOO?" both women shrieked, Enid with excitement and Wednesday with shock.

The next second, they were hugging each other, Enid squealing in excitement for several minutes. Behind her, Wednesday was vaguely aware of Tyler and Ajax exchanging congratulations..

"How far along are you?" Enid wanted to know as soon as they separated. "I'm at two months, about. You've got to be the same, right?"

Wednesday giggled internally. Oh, the look on Enid's face would be precious. "That's what my mother guessed as well. But no, I'm almost at five months," she told her friend. "It was a huge surprise."

Enid gaped. Next to Tyler, Ajax's  jaw had dropped, too. He shot a questioning look at Tyler, but Tyler just grinned and nodded in confirmation.

"You have got to be joking! Really?"

"Really," Wednesday confirmed. "It's crazy, isn't it? I thought I could only be two or three months at most, but apparently not."

"Do you know if you're getting a boy or a girl?" Enid wanted to know. "You have to know, right? Your baby is definitely old enough for it."

Tyler laughed. "Baby didn't want to cooperate. We're going to have to wait for the next scan to see if they've moved to a better position."

"How did you miss that?" Ajax wanted to know. "Enid knew after- what, babe, a month and a half? We've just been holding out on telling people since it's so early."

"There was a combination of factors, honestly," Wednesday admitted. "Really, it just boiled down to us being crazy busy and not having the time to notice that anything was off. Masha noticed before we did."

They all looked down at Masha, who had already wound herself around Wednesday's ankles. Sasha, on the other hand, seemed entranced by Ajax's shoelaces.

"Cats are smart," Ajax said, nodding sagely. He tried to move his shoes out of way of Sasha's claws and sighed when she followed him. "Well. Some of them."

"Sasha is smart in different ways," Tyler stated, bending down to pick Sasha up. She let out a mrow of protest as she was removed from her new toy, but she promptly dropped the protest when Tyler picked up one of her toys and gave it to her. "She'd be a lovely hunter, but we decided to spare the local bird population and keep her inside."

"The birds thank you, I'm sure."

"Your parents must be over the moon," Enid told Wednesday, pulling the conversation back on track. "You've told them, right? You're the first people to know about us, since I'm pretty early along."

Ajax snorted. "Oh, they know all right. I stopped in the bakery two days ago, and Mr. Addams was practically dancing around. He wouldn't say why, though, so I just figured that he was having a really good day."

"Father is super excited," Wednesday said. "I went over there yesterday and Mother told me that he's drafted six designs for baby-themed cakes already. There'll probably be one for when we tell my grandmother, one for when Uncle Fester visits and we tell him, one when the baby is born, first birthday..."

Tyler groaned. "So much cake."

"It'll be spread out. And at least one of those will probably be a torture tower."

"And what about your father?" Enid asked Tyler. "Does he know- no?"

Tyler was shaking his head. "Donovan is releasing a new case soon and he's been too busy to meet with us in person so we can tell him. And he keeps telling us that if we have any big news, we need to tell him in person." Which was ridiculous if he wasn't going to be available to them at all.

Tyler was pretty sure the requirement was in response to Mr. Galpin finding out that Wednesday had gotten a job in a different lab via tabloid headlines, five months after she and Tyler had gotten married. Apparently there was a segment of the population that considered it a huge scandal that Wednesday hadn't gone to work at Jericho, considering that she had married its Sheriffs son, and his father was part of that population.

Even now, Donovan was still holding out hope that Wednesday would join his team. "So I guess we're waiting to tell him. Which could be pretty funny, honestly, if we don't get to tell him for another month or so."

"And if you're so slow to show a bump, you could 100% get away with it," Enid added. She shook her head as she looked at Wednesday's stomach again. "Oh, gosh. I know I'm not going to be that lucky with my baby bump. My mom showed early, even with me."

"Everyone really is different, I guess," Wednesday said. "It'll be interesting to see how we each grow. Who knows, maybe I'll just pop all of a sudden."

"Or no one will believe that you're even pregnant until the day before you give birth," Ajax added in. "Either way- exciting! Our kids are going to be so close in age, it's going to be great."
————————————————————
                               Fin

Sorry this one's so short! I just don't know how to continue this chapter without it being a drag... anyways I don't know if I'll post again tonight or if I will tomorrow. I guess we'll just see if I enough energy to finish one tonight lol!
Also Sheriff Galpin's confirmed first name is Donovan, just subdued any confusion :)
Love you guys <333