Gala?

Their efforts to get the baby room ready had started in earnest at seven months, two weeks. Tyler and Wednesday had tried to keep everything more or less organized as they got more and more stuff for Adrienne, but sometimes organized meant stacking it neatly in the closet instead of having it out.

But they would get more busy (and in Wednesday's case, more tired) during the time before Wednesday gave birth, so they had to get it done now.

The problem was that there wasn't quite enough space to have all of the baby stuff out and have Wednesday's sewing things set up in the same room.

"What do you think about moving your sewing machine and desk and maybe the mannequins into our bedroom?" Tyler suggested. "We have a lot more space in there than in here. And once Adrienne starts crawling, we can keep her out of here and away from the pins and needles. If you had the machine in the living room area, she could get into things."

Wednesday considered that, then nodded. "That sounds good. We might have to wait for my father to come over to dinner to do that, because I don't think I'm meant to be lifting things."

"No lifting heavy things, yeah." Tyler glanced around the room. "Okay, so in the meantime- how much is there to get ready with the crib? I know you said that there can't be any blankets in the crib."

Wednesday nodded. "Yeah, not for the first year. That's why we have the basket under the crib, to keep a couple blankets there for when we're holding Adrienne. The other blankets and the quilt I made are going in the top of the closet for now."

"And then we have a basket of burping cloths, and a space for packages of diapers, and we need to unearth the baby carrier," Tyler added. "Uh- do you want to put stuff in the baskets, maybe, and I can move the furniture around? And then we can sort out all of the toys that we've been getting from people."

"And then can you get the baby mobile up?" Wednesday asked hopefully. "It's so cute, I just want to see it out of the box."

Tyler laughed as he remembered that particular present from Wednesday's parents. Somehow they had found a pastry-themed mobile and had swapped out a couple of the duplicate cupcakes for bombs and blades. "We'll have to make sure that it's high enough that the cats don't go for it."

"Oh, we're going to find them in here, totally entranced by the mobile, aren't we?"

It didn't take long for the nursery to start to take shape. The crib was pushed to one corner and the changing table in another. Wednesday packed up her sewing machine and Tyler carried it to their bedroom, along with the chair from her sewing table and her two mannequins.

The things that they wouldn't need in the room but wanted ready- the baby carrier and the high chair- both got unpacked and placed next to the crib, and the packaging was brought out- well, after the use and cleaning instructions had been extracted and tucked away in Adrienne's dresser.

And that was pretty much all they got done for the day.

"Okay, I gotta sit," Wednesday announced. "My ankles are starting to hurt. Maybe we can get more done tomorrow. Or the next day. Or next weekend."

"It's going to be a little difficult to move around in here until you get your sewing desk moved," Tyler agreed. "And we've made really good progress! I think that's enough for today."

"Can we make cookies now?" Wednesday asked hopefully. "We ran out two days ago."

"I can make cookies," Tyler assured her. "Any requests?"

"The sea salt pretzel ones, maybe?"

Tyler grinned. "The salt and sugar cravings are hitting again, aren't they?"