Chapter 15- good night-mares

Madison's POV:

This kid is so tired.

After holding her, and her closing her eyes for longer than a couple of seconds she fell asleep. I had to deal with that empress on my own. If I wasn't holding Hattie I think I would have most definitely taken her soul.

But now Hattie was struggling to stay awake as she walked next to me. She was still hungry, so I'm not going to push her to take us back now...after she eats.

I looked down at her, she was rubbing her eyes with one hand. She looked up at the food places, before looking at me.

"Do you care which one we go to...?" I asked, she shook her head in response. I looked back up and scanned a couple of restaurants around us, before walking up to one.

"Looking to buy?" The cat asked and I nodded. He slipped a menu onto the counter. I glanced at it, there were more options this time. I'm not sure what she'd want so I took it from the counter and held it down for Hattie to look at.

"Go ahead and pick," I instructed. She blinked at it for a moment, before she pointed to one.

"The fries," she said, looking up at me. I nodded and stared at it for a moment, before deciding what I wanted. I placed the menu down and looked at the vendor.

"Just fries and fried fish," I gave my order, the cat nodded and went to get those prepared.

After a minute, Hattie leaned onto my leg, letting go of my hand. She started whining impatiently, "is it ready yet...?"

"It will be ready soon," I reassured her, and she just groaned. I was right though, not even 20 seconds later I was handed the meals and utensils, and I paid for it all. I walked us to a table and set the food down. Hattie climbed up into a chair, grabbed her fries, and went to eat one. She dropped it and shook off her hand slightly. She looked a little upset, before she switched to some cat beanie hat, and blew on the fries. I sat down across from her, as I watched, and she took another fry and seemed alright with it now. I shrugged it off and began to eat myself.

We ate in silence, listening to the trains passing and the other conversations. I watched cats walk by and order their food for a while before I finished my own meal. I turned my attention to Hattie again, and she was making two of the fries sword fight. I smiled slightly before taking one from her fries boat.

"Hey-" she looked at me, dropping one of her fries and pointing at me with the other one.

I chuckled, and held up my fry to hers, "en garde!"

She giggled slightly and started to try and poke my hand with her fry. I 'fought' back and avoided her fry, and easily booped her with my potato sword.

"I win," I bragged, but-I didn't win for very long as she bit off half of my fry.

"Well that was rude," I chuckled, but still gave her the fry.

"Well they're mine," she emphasized and stuck her tongue out before eating the rest of the potato swords-well-the fries.

She started to slow her pace of eating, eventually stopping and leaving a couple of fries. She pushed it towards me, and mumbled out something along the lines of "I'm finished."

I picked up the remaining fries and ate one. "Ready to go?" I asked, before clarifying, "to the ship, I mean."

She shook her head, despite sounding very drowsy, "no...no no no."

"Yes-yes yes," I countered, and got up, eating the last fry.

She got up too and started to run back to the main square. I threw away the trash and let out a sigh. I started after her. She wasn't running nearly as fast as she normally does, and she looked around. While she wasn't looking where she was going, she tripped and fell over. I quickened my step to get her, she normally hopped right back up but she just laid there.