XIV. say i'm happy then cry myself to sleep

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.   say i'm happy then cry myself to sleep

      Kennedy was getting used to how strange Wednesday was

      Kennedy was getting used to how strange Wednesday was. Her bizarre ways didn't shock her anymore. But a murder board was something that definitely gave her the chills. She looked at the grotesque photos and felt like throwing up. "You did inside of a morgue?" She asked very slowly.

"It was actually quite exhilarating." Wednesday replied nonchalantly.

"Y'know, as much as I'm mad that you don't make me on your crazy adventures anymore, I'm kinda glad I stayed back on this one."

Enid was fighting back her disgust. "When I suggested giving your side of the room a makeover, I did not have Ted Bundy's Pinterest in mind."

"I somehow think his Pinterest would be more gruesome." said Kennedy while titling her head.

"Still not as creepy as your stuffed unicorn collection." Wednesday said back. 

"So, Will Graham, did you find anything?"

She took some of the photos down from the board.  "Turns our all of the monster's victims have had body parts surgically removed. The first one a kidney, the second a finger—"

Enid started to pant. "Wednesday, I don't really—"

"The third one a gall bladder," Wednesday quickly said and grabbed more photos. "And the bearded man from the meeting house, two toes. Do you understand what this means? These murders aren't mindless."

Kennedy stared at the blonde with concern and put a hand on her back. Enid's eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed to the floor.

". . . it's quite impressive, actually." Wednesday continued to say until she turned around and saw Enid on the floor.

"Yeah, she doesn't do well with gore." Said Kennedy.

"Grab the smelling salts. Again." She said to Thing.

After what almost happened with Xavier in his dorm room, Kennedy was hesitant to talk to him. They got caught up in a moment, that was it. But Kennedy felt something. She and Xavier were connected by an invisible string; when they were pulled apart, she still felt the pull of him. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't keep Xavier out of her life. He was a part of her even if he wasn't hers anymore.

Kennedy walked with Presley to the science laboratory.  "I need to tell you something." she started to say and felt her stomach drop.

She looked at her with interested eyes. "Ohh, what scandalous thing have you done now?"

"Xavier and I almost kissed."

Presley choked on her own breath. "WHAT?"

Kennedy cursed herself for blurting it out like that. "Almost! I pulled away before we could." She winced.