- 2 -

"You were flying!" John said, snapping her out of her daydream. His smile fell when he saw her expression. "What's wrong?"

Bradley climbed out of the Bronco, seeing the bike as well before looking at Elizabeth.

"Don't let that asshole rattle you," he said shortly.

"I'm the asshole Roo..." she said softly. "I just need a minute," she mumbled, looking up at the tall mustached man. He looked at her, smiling softly and ruffling her braided hair.

"We will leave you be then," he said, waving for John to follow him.

"Wait, who's he?"

"Don't worry about it. Come on," Rooster said, dragging the 30-year-old into the bar.

It wasn't long before she walked in herself, looking around the room and noticing the group of aviators in the back corner where so many usually were. Her eyes hit the bar top seeing the familiar figure she hadn't seen in seven years. Her eyes lifted a bit higher seeing another familiar figure. A quick breath left her nose as a smirk formed on her lips. She walked past her father, whose eyes immediately locked onto her.

"So there inviting suicidal maniacs to this little pow-wow?" her voice called from behind the 6' man. She wasn't able to see the smirk forming on his lips but was fully aware it was there before the blonde turned around.

"Elizabeth Ghost Mitchell," he said, leaning against the bar counter.

She felt her father's eyes boring into her side and she tried her best not to steal a glance. She was afraid of what she would see. Was he old and decrepit now? Or did he still have that handsome charm? She hoped he still had his handsome charm.

"Jake Hangman Seresin, or is it Bagman? I hear it's Bagman now," she said, crossing her arms. He laughed a bit and decided to gloss over it.

"Whatever you call me, sunshine, it will sound good coming from those sweet lips of yours," he said, causing the girl's jaw to drop before laughing a bit in his face.

"You're disgusting," she scoffed, glancing over at Penny who only glanced back at her. Jake had no clue her father was right there. That's mostly why she was embarrassed.

"You know the last time we met in a bar on navy business," he said, voice trailing off.

He glanced over and noticed the stare the old man at the bar was giving the two of them before looking back at her freckle-covered face. She didn't notice her father's eyes widen. Nor did she care. She was too locked into the conversation before her. Her eyes glossed over his face. God sure did know how to sculpt a good-looking man.

"We said we would never talk about that again, Seresin."

"Whatever you say, sunshine," he said with a grin.

"You know, I'm no man but usually when you flirt with a pretty girl, you offer her a drink."

"Ooh well drinks aren't on me sweetness. They're on him," he said, nodding over to her father.

This caused her to look at him for the first time. Her breath hitched a bit.

—-----

The next 4 lines of dialogue are from  givethispromptatry on Tumblr

—-----

"You have changed, you know," her father said. He had come for her TOPGUN graduation. She wasn't aware he knew. Though she deduced that her uncle Tom told him. She had graduated second in her class. For her, that wasn't something to celebrate but here she was. If anything, she was there to celebrate Natasha and Bradley. Nat took first and Bradley took third.