prolo, pt ²

prologue pt ² - ³ years ago
(forbidden heaven)

A MONTH had gone by since Phillipa had returned to King's Landing. Otto hadn't talked to her since the day she arrived. She questioned what she could have done to deserve his silence but as long as he left her alone, she doesn't really care. And now that Otto had been sent off on official duty for the King, Phillipa was free from his presence until his return. Since he left, Rhaenyra and Alicent had made her play around the castle all day long and at dinner time she would talk and talk with Viserys and Aemma. The days followed by Daemon taking her and little Mops on walks in the early mornings, wanting to spend time with her. He would take her around the garden or they would read together or he would even take her on dragonback once or twice. It was clear to see that everyone had missed her and loved having her back.

In the last few days, Phillipa had noticed a change in Daemon. Ever since she came back, he had become more flirty and touchy-feely towards her. Sometimes he would tuck her hair behind her ear then leave his hand on the side of her neck or on her shoulder. Or he would keep his hand on her lower back as they walked beside one another. Sometimes he would even hold her hand and wouldn't let go until someone would interrupt them. And of course, he stared. He stared at her non-stop. It wasn't that Phillipa didn't like it but it was as if someone had flipped a switch in Daemon.

But now it's present day for and Phillipa sat in Viserys' library, reading alone. As her eyes scan the words on the pages, she hears the door open and close behind her. She doesn't turn around, instead she tries to focus even more on the book. She feels a pair of hands come over her face from behind and cover her eyes. She tenses a bit before placing one of her hands on top of theirs, already knowing who it is.

"My Prince." She says, chuckling. Daemon places his hands on her shoulder and Philippa turns her head to look at him.

"How did you know it was me?" He asked with a teasing smile on his face.

"Your ring." Philippa says as she runs her fingers over Daemon's hand, where his Targaryen ring is.

"Clever girl." He says as he smiles at her. Daemon walks around her chair and leans on the table in front of her. Phillipa stands up and takes off the thin blanket that was draped over her shoulder, placing it on the chair. She walks over to the table and sets the book down as Daemon looks down at her dress. His smile slowly disappeared as he looked at the details and color.