prolo pt ³

prologue pt ³ - ² year ago
(the curse of love)

BLISS. Bliss is the only word that could describe this last year of Phillipa's life. Absolute, pure bliss. It's been just a little over a year since Otto relinquished his parental rights. When Phillipa sailed to Driftmark after the papers had been signed, she was welcomed into the Velaryon family with open arms. Driftmark was beautiful and Phillipa had quickly gotten used to the sound of the waves crashing way below her balcony. Her room was twice as big as her room at the castle and every morning her ladies greeted her with new dresses and loads of expensive jewelry— all gifted to her by her new parents. With the jewelry came five new ladies in waiting— though she still kept her original four too. As a gift for taking care of her, Myla was given land on Driftmark and the title of Head Lady In Waiting for the new Princess Phillipa. Ser Nicklaus had been given a bigger title as well. Though he has recently left for the funeral of his wife— when he returned to Phillipa, he was given the title of Head protection for the new Princess. He had also gotten a small portion of land for him and his little boy. Even Mops got a little doghouse for him to sleep in— and a royal dog walker, which Phillipa found hilarious.

Phillipa had made so many new friends from all over Westeros— those who had come to meet the new Velaryon Princess. And in just over a year she had been given the new nickname "the heart of driftmark". She couldn't believe how accepting and kind everyone was. But though she loved her new life, she couldn't go an entire month without returning to the castle. She could come and go as much as she wanted— which helped keep her new relationship alive. She had finally made Daemon Targaryen her man— in secret, of course. After she became a Velaryon, Daemon expressed the desire to keep their love a secret. Phillipa didn't care at first— all she ever wanted she had finally got —but as the full moons came and went, she began to feel as if Daemon cared more about keeping the secret than about her.

Although she could never really complain about her time with him. The late nights of wet kisses and rough touches, along with the talks and baths they had afterwards. She couldn't keep herself off him. She wanted him as a lover and she wanted him a best friend. She loved him. Loved him more than life itself. She wouldn't dare ask if he felt the same but deep down in her heart, she knew he did. It was in the simple things that told her he did. Like when he tells her secrets no one knows or when he gifts her a necklace she had once said she wanted. Or when he returns from the watch and immediately asks if she was there— only seeing her before anyone else. And especially the nights they stay in each other's rooms and he asks her to brush or braid his hair— he doesn't let anyone touch his hair, only Phillipa.